new computer purchase, but confused.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had the transmitter for my VT3 on my 1st stage for over 6 years, over 800 dives, no problem. I went to the Red Sea this year and most of the 44 dives were off a RIB where we took off our equipment in the water and handed it up. Nobody ever grabbed the transmitter, they seemed very sensitive to that issue.

Thanks for the input. Talked it over with the better half. Since I'm Getting her the cobalt 2 she agreed that I could have the new PAI! Gotta admit, I'm pretty excited now. Again, thanks to all for the responses!

Thanks for the input. Talked it over with the better half. Since I'm Getting her the cobalt 2 she agreed that I could have the new PAI! Gotta admit, I'm pretty excited now. Again, thanks to all for the responses!

Just an FYI, if you are getting her the Cobalt 2, maybe it is worth while to wait for the new Atomic wrist mount DC that is coming out soon? It will have AI as well. Just trying to prevent you from buyer's remorse which we've witnessed in the past few days....

Just an FYI, if you are getting her the Cobalt 2, maybe it is worth while to wait for the new Atomic wrist mount DC that is coming out soon? It will have AI as well. Just trying to prevent you from buyer's remorse which we've witnessed in the past few days....

Hmm, I will have to talk this over with her. She took her open water class earlier this year with the Suunto Zoop and she keeps commenting on how she liked it. Problem being she has a hard time seeing underwater without her glasses to begin with (looking into prescription mask and or inserts). Added to that in the murky lake we frequent it makes it even harder to read the non backlit display's. She saw the cobalt 2 and talked with our LDS and fell in love. Perhaps she would prefer a wrist mounted version. Thanks for the info!!

If she hasn't seen much of the Perdix get her to wait until yours arrives. I think she may change her mind and there is some benefit to buddy pairs diving the same computer.

You are welcome!

Perdix is great. Especially with the AI now, it just made it that much more attractive.

But Atomic is no slouch either. I am really excited to see what Atomic has in store.

Switching gear here: How about wearing contact lenses instead of prescription mask or inserts? I've seen dives called off because of cracked lenses when someone sat on it or the tank slammed against it. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure at this point that she can wear them, but that would be the obvious choice. She has some apprehension about sticking her finger in her eye (but she has no problem drawing on it with colored pencils...women? right?) anyway, were planning on seeing if she can wear them.

I do agree Atomic has some pretty good products, I am looking into the Shearwater's for the decompression ability else I would probably be going with Atomic as well. I wanted the Cobalt 2 for a while, but decided to move beyond the recreational side. (Cobalt may be able to do the deco stuff, I admit I never payed attention to whether it could or not)

Hey have a question, like I said in a earlier post I just bought a Galileo Luna, is there a tutorial that comes with it?

Not sure at this point that she can wear them, but that would be the obvious choice. She has some apprehension about sticking her finger in her eye (but she has no problem drawing on it with colored pencils...women? right?) anyway, were planning on seeing if she can wear them.

I do agree Atomic has some pretty good products, I am looking into the Shearwater's for the decompression ability else I would probably be going with Atomic as well. I wanted the Cobalt 2 for a while, but decided to move beyond the recreational side. (Cobalt may be able to do the deco stuff, I admit I never payed attention to whether it could or not)

Not sure what you meant by the decompression ability. But Cobalt 2 does have the deco function.

Back
Top Bottom