New booking policy for Clearly Cayman Beach Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard back from the person I spoke to on the phone yesterday after sending my initial message and she echoed the same thing that folks above have learned: you can do non-Saturday-to-Saturday, but only within 90 days of your planned travel dates. This isn't at all helpful for me. I know my spring holiday dates for the next three years due to how university calendars are constructed. Still quite disappointed by this decision from an operation I had enjoyed visiting numerous times.

Perhaps this is a knee jerk reaction to how booked up lodgings are across the board still as a result of other destinations still being unavailable. We have guests that have come during regular slots for decades that were not able to get their usual weeks at different condos/hotels where they have never had a problem before. We are contacting regulars to let them know to book space so they don’t lose out where in the past they could book their dates when they got here. It is unrealistic to think the present boom will continue as other destinations get back up and running, are offering new accommodations and incentives to get people back. Such restrictive policies going forward might be counterproductive as groups will be incentivized to go elsewhere. For individuals now that Airbnb etc are legal here, there are definitely other options. My kids stayed in a beautiful house on The Brac last year that was incredibly reasonable and just beautiful. Why bother with the resort if you don’t have to?

@caydiver, excellent analysis, totally agree and winter is coming to the market, at least at some point if history is any guide, so that’s another reason this policy seems so shortsighted. Unfortunately, this is classic corporate behavior: they have obviously (or likely) run the analysis and concluded that they are losing too many room days by allowing shorter stays and think they will make more money by requiring people to commit for the week.

Question: I’ve always stayed at LCBR, diving with Reef Divers. If you stay elsewhere with whom does one dive? The Pirates Cove people?

Question: I’ve always stayed at LCBR, diving with Reef Divers. If you stay elsewhere with whom does one dive? The Pirates Cove people?
On our one and only trip which was a long weekend we stayed at Paradise Villas and dove with Conch Club Diver. Both were excellent. At the time (not sure it is still the case) the CCD boat left the LCBR dock and was always the first boat out.

Southern Cross is a popular dive resort on LC. It is smaller, more private and more expensive but we have stopped there and toured the property and had a drink and it looked very nice.

Southern Cross is a popular dive resort on LC. It is smaller, more private and more expensive but we have stopped there and toured the property and had a drink and it looked very nice.
Does Southern Cross only offer 2 boat dives a day? For some reason, I have it in my head that is the routine/schedule and one of the reasons I had never considered them as an option for me.

Does Southern Cross only offer 2 boat dives a day? For some reason, I have it in my head that is the routine/schedule and one of the reasons I had never considered them as an option for me.

I know that Pirates Point only offers 2 dives per day - but they are long dives with no time limits. I don't know the dive policies at Southern Cross. And I don't know if the other resorts provide valet diving services.

But I do know that LCBR is traditionally the only LC dive resort/dive op that stays open during the Great Summer Shutdown on Little Cayman in August through October - so if you like to travel in the summer or fall and you want to go to LC, then they really may be the only shop in town. See the link below.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2015/08/07/little-cayman-s-big-summer-shutdown/

LCBR also operates (and owns?) The Club at Little Cayman which are villas and condos and the guests have access to the amenities of the LCBR and the dive packages with Reef Divers. I don't know if the new booking policies will also apply to The Club or just to the resort, see the link below.

The Club at Little Cayman

I know that Pirates Point only offers 2 dives per day - but they are long dives with no time limits. I don't know the dive policies at Southern Cross. And I don't know if the other resorts provide valet diving services.

But I do know that LCBR is traditionally the only LC dive resort/dive op that stays open during the Great Summer Shutdown on Little Cayman in August through October - so if you like to travel in the summer or fall, then they really may be the only shop in town. See the link below.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2015/08/07/little-cayman-s-big-summer-shutdown/

LCBR also owns and operates The Club at Little Cayman which are villas and condos and the guests have access to the amenities of the LCBR and the dive packages with Reef Divers. I don't know if the new booking policies will also apply to The Club or just to the resort.

The Club at Little Cayman
I might have been confusing Southern Cross with Pirate's Point.

Just looked up Southern Cross on their website:
Our flexible and professional dive operation offers 2-tank morning, afternoon, dusk and night dives, as well as all the requisite PADI certifications, refresher courses, specialties, and Discover Scuba Diving.

Yes, but the issue with Southern Cross is they are much smaller harder to get into many repeat customers, true??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom