New booking policy for Clearly Cayman Beach Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard that it can be difficult for some folks to get to the Cayman Sister Islands from the Western US without overnighting in both directions - so the changes might help with that problem.

It will probably depend on what time the flights leave from Miami. The problem most of us have from about Texas and points westward is getting an early enough flight to get to Miami/Tampa in time to claim bags and bring them over and checkin with Cayman Airways. If the Cayman flights are in the early afternoon, it will be much better than if they are before noon. I have the same problem trying to go from Houston through FLL on Southwest...the SW flight leaves just before noon, and certain times of the year, there are no flights leaving Houston early enough to make the connection in FLL. The problem getting to the Sister islands from the West coast was that the United flight out of Houston was the best connection since it left so late in the day, but it also got in so late, that you could only make the connection on Cayman Express during the summer months when they were flying later trips to LC.

Just as an FYI for those who may be considering booking a package for late summer or fall 2019, they are still accepting non-Sat to Sat bookings, and for the Carefree Cayman package, even though it says Sat-Sat, they will give you the same price on a Sun=Sun or Fri-Fri if there are no flights from GC-LC that you can connect to on the Saturday you would otherwise be arriving. We just booked a Fri-Fri in early October yesterday (fingers crossed for good winds and no hurricanes).

...The photo shop is a much more upscale concept than what was at the Brac previously. They are going to rent and sell quality camera gear, provide group and or private instruction. I was on the dive boat with the Backscatter group one day and they were very knowledgable, professional, and approachable. I think a Backscatter Photo Shop will be a great addition for the resort...

It looks like the new photo center at LCBR will be opening soon in mid-June:

The Buddy Line Special Edition – June 2019 |

Reef Divers Photo Center
Little Cayman is already the backdrop for many award-winning photos and videos due to the spectacular nature of the island’s Bloody Bay Marine Park—home of the famous Bloody Bay Wall, with subjects of all kinds.

Beginning in mid-June, divers at Little Cayman Beach Resort will have a new resource with the opening of the Reef Divers Photo Center, which will stock basic photo supplies and common parts, provide camera rentals, offer troubleshooting and repair of guest equipment, plus photo instruction and post-production editing classes.

Tiago Peixoto has been selected as our on-site photo pro. He started doing land photography more than 15 years ago with a film camera and extended his skills to underwater and digital shortly after beginning diving in the early 2000s. Tiago has an MSc in marine ecology and is a certified dive instructor. The photo center is being set up in partnership with Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo, a world leader in underwater imagery.

This is a real plus for LCBR. As a photographer, I welcome the access to potential expertise and ( hopefully not ) repairs.

Now if they could just figure out a way to direct ship our photo rigs to their shop so we didn't have to lug them all the way down there ourselves...

Back
Top Bottom