New booking policy for Clearly Cayman Beach Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cayman Airways Express has two Saab 340’s to go along with the two Twin Otters.

Interesting. I thought they only had 1. The range on the Saab is around 940nm, which is about twice what they need to get to Miami. Not that I think flying a turbo-prop for 1.5 hours is likely to be much fun, but it is definitely do-able if that is what they want to try.

Cayman Airways Express has two Saab 340’s to go along with the two Twin Otters.

Interesting. I thought they only had 1. The range on the Saab is around 940nm, which is about twice what they need to get to Miami. Not that I think flying a turbo-prop for 1.5 hours is likely to be much fun, but it is definitely do-able if that is what they want to try.

I remember that Cayman Airways was leasing some turboprop planes for awhile then I recall reading that they had bought a Saab, but information on the Cayman Airways site confirms @jdcpa's info that they have 2 of them - so business must be good!

https://www.caymanairways.com/FactSheet

https://www.caymancompass.com/2018/06/26/brac-sees-recent-boost-in-tourism/

Not such a great holiday package either. For $300 more for the Classic package, you get 5 afternoon dives, trip to Brac from Little or to Little from Brac, and 21 drinks. Who are they trying to kid with all this stuff? I've been to GC many times, Little twice and Brac once, I'm actually in no hurry to return, as much as I like it.

I got an email today about the CC Holiday Special from Deep Blue Adventures (for some reason I can't find a single link to copy) but it says that the packages include trips to Brac from LC to dive the Tibbetts and to LC from Brac to dive BBW at no additional charge, weather permitting. And I am sure that you can add-on the afternoon dive and/or the drinks package for an additional fee.

I think the advantage of the Holiday Special is that you can book through Jan 17, 2020, which is high season. All their other advertised packages end sooner with the longest date being Dec 31, 2019 on a couple the more expensive packages.

I will be interested to see the price on the new flights from Miami to Brac/Little Cayman, to learn if they offer any additional savings.

I got an email today about the CC Holiday Special from Deep Blue Adventures (for some reason I can't find a single link to copy) but it says that the packages include trips to Brac from LC to dive the Tibbetts and to LC from Brac to dive BBW at no additional charge, weather permitting. And I am sure that you can add-on the afternoon dive and/or the drinks package for an additional fee - probably up to the $300 extra that you mention.

I think the advantage of the Holiday Special is that you can book through Jan 17, 2020, which is high season. All their other advertised packages end sooner with the longest date being Dec 31, 2019 on a couple the more expensive packages.

I will be interested to see the price on the new flights from Miami to Brac/Little Cayman, to learn if they offer any additional savings.
Hi Kathy,

Yes, I got an email from Little Cayman. You can add on the afternoon dive and/or drinks for $200 each

Package add ons:

Drink Package (21 drinks total): $200 per person
5 Days of 1 Tank Afternoon Boat Dives: $200 per person
Trip to Cayman Brac are included in your prepaid diving, weather permitting

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I got an email from Little Cayman. You can add on the afternoon dive and/or drinks for $200 each

Package add ons:

Drink Package (21 drinks total): $200 per person
5 Days of 1 Tank Afternoon Boat Dives: $200 per person
Trip to Cayman Brac are included in your prepaid diving, weather permitting

Thanks! Did they give you any info about the flights from Miami to Brac/Little and the pricing?

We've never done the drinks package, it seems a bit complicated and limited to "well drink brands". We usually each bring a bottle of our favorite poison with us and prepare some of our own drinks, supplemented with an occasional beverage from the bar - have you tried the drinks package? What is your opinion?

Thanks! Did they give you any info about the flights from Miami to Brac/Little and the pricing?

We've never done the drinks package, it seems a bit complicated and limited to "well drink brands". We usually each bring a bottle of our favorite poison with us and prepare some of our own drinks, supplemented with an occasional beverage from the bar - have you tried the drinks package? What is your opinion?
No, no information on Miami flights

I only did the drink package once at the Tipsy Turtle at CBBR. It's about $9.50 a drink at 21 drinks for $200. Whether it's economical or not depends on your number of drinks and what you drink. The selection is actually pretty broad, including house beer (I liked the Iron Shore Bock), house wine, well drinks, and menu cocktails. The menu cocktails were all more than $9.50, somewhere around 10.50 KYD
https://www.caymanbracbeachresort.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/09/cayman-brac-bar-menu.pdf

No, no information on Miami flights

I only did the drink package once at the Tipsy Turtle at CBBR. It's about $9.50 a drink at 21 drinks for $200. Whether it's economical or not depends on your number of drinks and what you drink. The selection is actually pretty broad, including house beer (I liked the Iron Shore Bock), house wine, well drinks, and menu cocktails. The menu cocktails were all more than $9.50, somewhere around 10.50 KYD
https://www.caymanbracbeachresort.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/09/cayman-brac-bar-menu.pdf

I wonder if they also add the automatic 15% service charge to drinks provided with the package? If they don't that could make a difference in the pricing. Anything you buy a la carte from the bar has a gratuity added, even if it is just a bottle of water. It's worth checking, thanks!

I wonder if they also add the 15% service charge to drinks provided with the package? If they don't that could make a big difference in the pricing. Anything you buy a la carte from the bar has a gratuity added, even if it is just a bottle of water. It's worth checking, thanks!
No additional charge/tax/gratuity on the plan drinks. You have a card, they simply mark off the drinks you've had on it. Gratuity is up to you, I left a reasonable one based on the price I was paying.

Is anyone going to be at the Long Beach Scuba Show? The Clearly Cayman resorts will be there so maybe you could find out more about the new flights and booking policies:

upload_2019-5-3_12-0-54.png

Back
Top Bottom