New booking policy for Clearly Cayman Beach Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will do my best to summarize below, but others can chime in also.

Just to clarify, these changes may be great and work well for the majority of the Clearly Cayman customers so these questions are not meant to be adversarial, but currently there is some confusion and so customers would just like to better understand the new policies.

- Is the plan to offer the Saturday Cayman Air flights between MIA and CYB all year round or only during the peak seasons?

- How many flights are planned between Brac and Miami on Saturdays and at what approximate times?

- Is it likely that the MIA to CYB flights will save money for many resort guests as compared to the current options?

- What kind of plane will be making the flights between MIA and CYB, a jet or a propeller plane?

- Will it still be possible to fly direct to GCM on Saturdays if that works better for some guests, and then take local Cayman Air flights to Brac and Little Cayman? Or will everyone have to fly to Miami to connect with Cayman Air if they plan to travel to the Sister Islands on Saturdays?

- Will it be possible to book a long weekend at CBBR or LCBR more than 90 days in advance of the travel date?

- Does the 7 night, Sat to Sat requirement also apply to the Cobalt Coast resort?

Whatever you learn will be great, thanks!

Concise, detailed, perfect !!!

I will do my best to summarize below, but others can chime in also.

Just to clarify, these changes may be great and work well for the majority of the Clearly Cayman customers and these questions about not meant to be adversarial, but currently there is some confusion and so customers would just like to better understand the new policies.

- Is the plan to offer the Saturday Cayman Air flights between MIA and CYB all year round or only during the peak seasons?

- How many flights are planned between Brac and Miami on Saturdays and at what approximate times?

- Is it likely that the MIA to CYB flights will save money for many resort guests as compared to the current options?

- What kind of plane will make the flights between MIA and CYB?

- Will it still be possible to fly direct to GCM on Saturdays if that works better for some guests, and then take local Cayman Air flights to Brac and Little Cayman? Or will everyone have to fly to Miami to connect with Cayman Air if they plan to travel to the Sister Islands on Saturdays?

- Will it be possible to book a long weekend at CBBR or LCBR more than 90 days in advance of the travel date?

- Does the 7 night, Sat to Sat requirement also apply to the Cobalt Coast resort?

Whatever you learn will be great, thanks!

KathyV covered my questions for the most part, but I would also add the question of why not just add a small surcharge to any non-Sat to Sat 7 day trip instead of forcing us all to conform our schedules to theirs. The Saturday airlift volume only becomes a problem because they are trying to force everybody to fly that day instead of spreading the load out over several days. If it really is just about money lost because they have days here and there that aren't booked, then add up the cost of the lost revenue on those rooms and divide it by the number of guests booking non sat-sat trips and come up with a surcharge like the "single occupancy supplement" and be done with it.

This has been an interesting thread.

We have a group of 36 going to LCBR this August. Needless to say, the hassle of going has always been working out the flights from GC to LC. We have 12 going on Friday and the rest arriving on Saturday. We all leave the following Saturday. It would have been tough getting all 36 from GC to LC on a Saturday afternoon. I grabbed all the seats I needed on CA the very day those flights opened up. Those seats go fast.

I can see their point of view with the new policy of Saturday to Saturday. Just by my group taking 6 rooms on that Friday, they now have 6 rooms they can’t book for a week to anyone wanting to stay the previous week. So I get it. But I can tell you this, if I can only go in the future from Saturday to Saturday, I’ll still be going. The resort, staff, food, and diving operation is the best in the Caribbean in my opinion. Next year we will head back to Cobalt Coast.

For me, flying through Miami would not be a problem. Right now I have to take three flights to get to LC. I have to fly from RDU to some connecting city to get to GCM and then on to LC. I could fly from RDU direct to MIA, MIA to CYB, and then the otter to LC. But if I could somehow clear customs in Miami for going to the Caymans, I’d actually prefer that I think.

This has been an interesting thread.

We have a group of 36 going to LCBR this August. Needless to say, the hassle of going has always been working out the flights from GC to LC. We have 12 going on Friday and the rest arriving on Saturday. We all leave the following Saturday. It would have been tough getting all 36 from GC to LC on a Saturday afternoon. I grabbed all the seats I needed on CA the very day those flights opened up. Those seats go fast.

I can see their point of view with the new policy of Saturday to Saturday. Just by my group taking 6 rooms on that Friday, they now have 6 rooms they can’t book for a week to anyone wanting to stay the previous week. So I get it. But I can tell you this, if I can only go in the future from Saturday to Saturday, I’ll still be going. The resort, staff, food, and diving operation is the best in the Caribbean in my opinion. Next year we will head back to Cobalt Coast.

For me, flying through Miami would not be a problem. Right now I have to take three flights to get to LC. I have to fly from RDU to some connecting city to get to GCM and then on to LC. I could fly from RDU direct to MIA, MIA to CYB, and then the otter to LC. But if I could somehow clear customs in Miami for going to the Caymans, I’d actually prefer that I think.

I feel the same way about it, and right now we only have 6 nights booked for our Fall trip because somebody (like the folks from your group) are taking an extra Friday night. We are earnestly hoping for a cancellation so that we can stay there a full week from Sat to Sat.

I am not fond of MIA, but if that is the requirement - big deal! We will also keep going back.

And this may not just be about 100% occupancy and making money. Under the current inconsistent booking policies and with the lack of available flights, they are sometimes forced to disappoint potential new customers and repeat loyal customers - like us for example.

I'll be there. Was planning on chatting with them anyway :)

@muzikbiz22 did you get a chance to speak with the Clearly Cayman resort reps and did they give you any more information about the new booking policy or the direct flights from Miami?

And how was the show?

@muzikbiz22 did you get a chance to speak with the Clearly Cayman resort reps and did they give you any more information about the new booking policy or the direct flights from Miami?

And how was the show?

The show was great, well attended, busy, fun, etc. I did stop by Clearly Cayman, but wasn't really able to have a deep conversation with specifics. I mentioned some of the concerns and burning questions. While I wasn't able to get specific answers, they are working very hard to bring more light and clarity to everything. They seemed genuinely excited in moving forward.

The show was great, well attended, busy, fun, etc. I did stop by Clearly Cayman, but wasn't really able to have a deep conversation with specifics. I mentioned some of the concerns and burning questions. While I wasn't able to get specific answers, they are working very hard to bring more light and clarity to everything. They seemed genuinely excited in moving forward.

That's good to hear, thank you for sharing. The new direct flights from MIA to CYB might work well for you, right? I've heard that it can be difficult for some folks to get to the Cayman Sister Islands from the Western US without overnighting in both directions - so the changes might help with that problem.

I think you've posted in the past that you dive rebreathers, is that correct? The Cayman Brac Beach Resort has been advertising some rebreather options but I think that they are rather limited at this time, but it was posted earlier in this thread by @Doctorfish that CBBR is moving toward offering a tech diving center in the future - so who knows what will happen?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom