New booking policy for Clearly Cayman Beach Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the few days hop over to dive the sister islands still isn't going to be an option unless it's booked within 90 days if I read that correctly. Shame.

In this boom time right now, I see several condo rentals on Grand Cayman also going to Sat-Sat, in an effort to further squeeze a little more paid occupancy out of the situation. I, personally, won't follow that on my rental because the idea of people being able to come and dive for a long weekend is one that I want to be able to continue to offer. If we get a couple of days free in high season, then that is just an opportunity for our maintenance folks to come in and do preventative maintenance on things.

I also understand the logistics of getting to and from the island. The consequences are a shame, though.

I don't think so, because if they are planning to allow folks to book 10+ days and that will create some long weekends that they will be eager to book as soon as possible.

It seems like they are trying to figure it all out, but it's great that they are also trying to be open and responsive to guest requests while still attempting to address the flight issues that have been so problematic in the past. Maybe just give it a little time while things are getting sorted out and then enquire - it can't hurt to ask.

And as mentioned there are other dive resorts and condos on Little Cayman (but probably not during the August through October shutdown) and the Brac Scuba Shack offers diving and accommodation packages, see the link below:
https://www.bracscubashack.com/about-us/accommodations

Yes, the 10-day option just means us long weekenders are even more likely to get shut out. Getting a Thurs-Tue rez at LCBR within 90 was always a crap shoot now I fear it will be virtually impossible. What a bummer. I really think this is going to backfire on them. And I agree wholeheartedly with whomever said it’s going to be (politely) a s*#*show checking in 80-100 people all at the same time and getting them on the boats. Moreover, it may well be a lot more than 80-100 given the planned room expansion at LCBR. Oy.

The Club condos are individually owned and managed by LCBR. The units are not owned by LCBR, although the owners of LCBR own at least one of the units at the The Club.

I hope that clears it up.

From KathyV. post earlier: "It involves increased air lift at the times divers need to get to/from Cayman Brac and Little Cayman while avoiding the crowded Immigration and Customs lines in Grand Cayman."

I must be reading this wrong. It appears to say that they may create some arrangement with Immigration/Customs to get their guests through quicker.

They have no control over when the flights get into Grand Cayman. That is what causes the crowding, not flights to Little and The Brac.

There are only so many Twin Otters available (2) to get to Little, unless they are planning to send guests to The Brac on the Saab and ferry them over to Little?

I just don't follow the logic of that statement.

Moreover, it may well be a lot more than 80-100 given the planned room expansion at LCBR.
80 would be current, assuming full occupancy of 40 rooms. if they add 16 rooms, that would be 112. Plus catering to however many units they are booking at the Club. Of course, there are the other resorts trying to get guests there, not as big but that's still more people trying to get flights.

From KathyV. post earlier: "It involves increased air lift at the times divers need to get to/from Cayman Brac and Little Cayman while avoiding the crowded Immigration and Customs lines in Grand Cayman."

I must be reading this wrong. It appears to say that they may create some arrangement with Immigration/Customs to get their guests through quicker.

They have no control over when the flights get into Grand Cayman. That is what causes the crowding, not flights to Little and The Brac.

There are only so many Twin Otters available (2) to get to Little, unless they are planning to send guests to The Brac on the Saab and ferry them over to Little?

Yeah they have no control over the crowding that occurs at certain times. Speeding up entry for sister island bound passengers wouldn't hurt, and seems like something they could do if they really wanted (special line/route through airport?) But that will only help those who have a tight connection to their interisland flights. Not much help if you can't get an inter-island flight to begin with. They need more seats, but if it's possible to add flights when they're needed, with the planes they have and without lights at LC, you have to wonder why they didn't do it long ago. It's hardly a new problem, even without going out of their way to push more arrivals/departures to Saturday.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what this magic bullet is.

Great point, no way to get that many folks there on those planes all on same day, would need at least 5.7 flights (80 people/14 seats). And I can't believe Cayman Air is buying new plans for Clearly Cayman. Maybe they have and will fly bigger planes? I'm not even sure that little runway can handle a much bigger aircraft, anyone know??

Great point, no way to get that many folks there on those planes all on same day, would need at least 5.7 flights (80 people/14 seats). And I can't believe Cayman Air is buying new plans for Clearly Cayman. Maybe they have and will fly bigger planes? I'm not even sure that little runway can handle a much bigger aircraft, anyone know??
Not just on same day, but mostly same _afternoon_ after the international arrivals.

80 would be current, assuming full occupancy of 40 rooms. if they add 16 rooms, that would be 112. Plus catering to however many units they are booking at the Club. Of course, there are the other resorts trying to get guests there, not as big but that's still more people trying to get flights.

Yeah they have no control over the crowding that occurs at certain times. Speeding up entry for sister island bound passengers wouldn't hurt, and seems like something they could do if they really wanted (special line/route through airport?) But that will only help those who have a tight connection to their interisland flights. Not much help if you can't get an inter-island flight to begin with. They need more seats, but if it's possible to add flights when they're needed, with the planes they have and without lights at LC, you have to wonder why they didn't do it long ago. It's hardly a new problem, even without going out of their way to push more arrivals/departures to Saturday.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what this magic bullet is.

Not just on same day, but mostly same _afternoon_ after the international arrivals.

I am sure that more will become clear soon, but it is possible that they are planning to bypass GC altogether. The Cayman Brac airport is a large, modern, and underutilized facility and the government is always trying to increase air traffic to CYB.

Cayman Air already offers a few direct flights to Brac, from Florida I think, so they may be planning to increase them. I guess that we will just have to wait and see wait happens.

Here's another thought, in the past the Cayman Immigration Department has tested the idea of creating a Fast Track Immigration screening process at the departure gates in Miami, see link below.

Now that the new GCM airport is almost complete and things are settling down perhaps they plan to expand that program, especially for heavy travel days like Saturday.

But that doesn't quite fit because it would apply to all travelers to Cayman, not just to the Sister Islands.

I am interested to see what changes they're planning to make it worthwhile to travel on busy Saturdays. This is a long-time problem and annoyance so an innovative solution may be worth considering!

Cayman Islands signs deal for immigration fast track system in Miami

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom