New Blacktip setup...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good plan. You can get a lot of learning / training done with a much smaller battery. No need to wait until the 12Ah batteries come in (finally).

It will work, it's just the bigger battery will have more current capacity & amp draw capability
So with smaller batteries you may not get as much performance, because of voltage sag, (the cells have a higher draw rate)
and obviously run time is less,
So drive it like you have a 1/4 tank of gas and you need to go along way.

Standard Dive Xtras web handle up (12:00 with the handle) or standard web handle down?
Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
You could even spice it up an go 90* from the handle

As of right now the dewalt 15ah packs do not fit.

If the 15Ah batteries are bigger, won't that make them heavier? If they're heavier then there's only a certain amount of adjustment available for clearing out the lead shot in the head.

Will this make it negatively buoyant?

If the 15Ah batteries are bigger, won't that make them heavier? If they're heavier then there's only a certain amount of adjustment available for clearing out the lead shot in the head.

Will this make it negatively buoyant?
We won't know until they are built and weighed. But your guess sounds right. So far I am happy running 9Ah, 12Ah that exists now would be an increase of 33% and the 15 would be 66%. Maybe the 12 would be a nice upgrade for me, I think 15 would end up being unrealized capacity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom