New Beuchat Y has hole in threads ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello:

Just got one of those beuchat Y valves from scuba123 and theres a hole in the base that screws into the tank right before the gasket. Is this normal? Does it act as a safety in case its not screwed down all the way it blows gas??? This is odd. Thank you in advance.

It's to keep someone from trying to remove the valve with pressure in the tank. Of course if someone was dumb enough to try I not sure the relief hole would help.

I guess your talking DIN valve here.And even a 300bar valve aka a 4300+ psi valve.
In that case the hole is to prevent some dumbass to skrew a 200bar reg. in to a 300bar valve.

here is a pic, I think captain is right - thanks

Attachments

• y.jpg
    y.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 72
Captins dead on. It's a relief hole in case some dummy tries to remove the valve without draining the tank completely.....it will get your attention if you unscrew the valve with pressure in the tank. Hummmm maybe it should be called a Lawyer hole......or maybe a Darwin hole...

Yep i thought you ment the hole in the "din"connector.
in this case it's for the other dummy's:D

I think that bleed hole is now REQUIRED on all paintball valves because someone killed themselves removing a valve from a tank. I think Lawyer Hole is a good name.

Good gosh!

These air relief holes were first introduced by a company called Sportsways in 1958 and were intended as the very knowledgeable captain indicated.

FYI Sportsways also introduced the O ring tank valve to the diving world.

sdm

After several months they answered my email...er I think....

Hello

The hole is for the old version with a small screw to fix the module.
It's normal.

Best regards
After sales

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom