New Apeks Reg—Tungsten (FSR/ATX200 with PVD coating)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey, some people will spend the extra $$ to have the prettiest gear out there. As long as it functions as well as the other stuff, God bless em :)

Are they grinding on that 1st stage in the ad ?
faintthud.gif

Give it to me, I'll give it a good home, instead of messing it up.

I have both an ATX200 and a Black Pearl. The Tungsten finish on the Black Pearl is very nice. I wish they would have had the same finish on the ATX 200. Now they do.

I think they will sell a lot of these.

Sue-ba Lips:
I have both an ATX200 and a Black Pearl. The Tungsten finish on the Black Pearl is very nice. I wish they would have had the same finish on the ATX 200. Now they do.

I think they will sell a lot of these.

i just saw em and they are really sweet. priced the same though as the black pearl. the pearls are still abundant here.

StSomewhere:
I was looking at the routing and still think the ATX100 (FST first stage) is the nicest. I wish they'd do the fancy finish on that instead.

that would seal the deal. an atx100 with pvd tungsten finish:)

I have a TX100, and the first stage on that is identical to the ATX100 – in fact, the only difference is that the ATX100 comes with an ATX second stage as opposed to the usual TX second stage.

To be perfectly honest, there appears to be hardly anything in it between the routing on a TX first stage and the ATX200 first stage, it's just that the ATX200 first stage is smaller and lighter, so better for travelling with. Both route the hoses where you want them and no messing about with turrets and the like.

Horses for courses...

Mark

MarkUK:
I have a TX100, and the first stage on that is identical to the ATX100 – in fact, the only difference is that the ATX100 comes with an ATX second stage as opposed to the usual TX second stage.

To be perfectly honest, there appears to be hardly anything in it between the routing on a TX first stage and the ATX200 first stage, it's just that the ATX200 first stage is smaller and lighter, so better for travelling with. Both route the hoses where you want them and no messing about with turrets and the like.
What I've discovered is that I really appreciate the bubble dispersion on my TX50 primary, but wish I had an ATX50/40 for my bungeed backup instead of my TX40 where the larger exhaust port is a bit of a negative.

I still wish Apeks would make the ATX second stages with a larger (flexible) exhaust port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom