List of diaphragm 1st stages with swivel turret and 5th LP port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And it will take the same $25 hose swivel (OmniSwivel knock-off) that all my other regs use? I would have sworn I read somewhere that Atomic hose swivels would not fit on other regs.

The M1 doesn't come with a LP second stage swivel. The other regulators; Z3, B2, ST1 and the T3 come with the swivel and hence you will have to replace the hose and buy their jam nut if you want to use a third party swivel. I bought a standard 40" hose and a jam nut for my ST1 and used the Omniswivel. The M1 uses a standard LP second stage hose and thus you just add the omniswivel directly to the hose that comes with the regulator.

I thought I had read where their LP hose that attaches to the 2nd stage reg is not the same size at that connection as most others. If that is wrong, I am happy to be corrected.

Nope, this isn't true. You are probably thinking of the Poseidon regulators. The Atomic regulators use standard connection. Any standard LP second stage hose from any vendor will work just fine.

And it will take the same $25 hose swivel (OmniSwivel knock-off) that all my other regs use? I would have sworn I read somewhere that Atomic hose swivels would not fit on other regs.

if they're ordered with a swivel hose you have to get some adapter for the second stage, but if you order with a normal hose, they'll accept any random hose.

the cost of sealing the atomic first stages isn't cheap as an FYI. Going to add on average $30/first stage to the rebuild since the chamber has to be packed with tribolube $$$

I'm already tech diving at the TDI Helitrox level. I failed to list in my OP that I also want any reg I get to be able to be O2 cleaned so I can use it on a deco bottle.

I have no trouble getting service kits for my current Hollis and Dive Rite regs from Dive Gear Express. But, you make a good point about making sure I can buy service kits for whatever other regs I buy. tbone is correct that I am currently a staff DM at a shop, so it's not an issue right now. But, it's always possible that I will still be using any regs I buy long after I detach from the shop some day down the road.

why not just keep using your current regs? save the money for a trip to truk.

No, this isn't true always for the Atomic regulators, you can get any of their first stages in a sealed version.
I said they typically are not sealed. Very few people I know buy Atomic regs sealed.

I did not say they are not available sealed.

Going to add on average $30/first stage to the rebuild since the chamber has to be packed with tribolube $$$

One lunch at one of the fast food places will cost you the same or more. Doing it once every few years, 4 - 5 years, isn't going to be an issue at all.

I said they typically are not sealed. Very few people I know buy Atomic regs sealed.

Outside the US, in the EMEA region for example, they sell only sealed, no unsealed. The T3, ST1 and the M1 are sealed by default in the US or elsewhere in the world.

if they're ordered with a swivel hose you have to get some adapter for the second stage, but if you order with a normal hose, they'll accept any random hose.

Not quiet accurate here. The swivel hose doesn't require the jam nut that is used without the swivel hose. A Z2 without the swivel hose or the M1 that also doesn't have a swivel hose don't require the jam-nut since it is already there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom