Never build a boat, story of the Ho-Hum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe im not a good counter, but those axles look like they are multiplying?
When I picked it up, I used the tri axle from my big boat. I ordered a new aluminum trailer for it. Built the boat on the new trailer and didn't like how it pulled. It wasn't too heavy for it, it just wasn't a nice pulling trailer. We put it back on the tri axle and sold the new one. This boat gets a lot of road miles and this trailer hauls incredibly well. Our big boat stays in the water all summer, this trailer was just for winter storage, now I just put it on the hard for the winter. I can pull them on and off the trailer in my yard pretty quickly. I have done it way too many times. I have an abundance of cribbing from working on heavy equipment.
1676960549718.jpeg

Same trailer, different boat.

1676960631327.jpeg

Some day.. I would like to dive up there..Nice boats!
2024 is still fairly open. Just saying.

Nice ref to your website there 😀

Are you still the only elevator on the lakes?
Yes, though it may change. I might build another one for a friend's dive boat. He is still thinking about it.

Yes, though it may change. I might build another one for a friend's dive boat. He is still thinking about it.
Did you post your website?

It’s on my todo list to maybe do the Great Lakes one day.

Did you post your website?

It’s on my todo list to maybe do the Great Lakes one day.
Get a group together and let me know the dates you like. Typically, June is the best visibility with the coldest water and no thermocline. As you get through July and August, there is an amazing thermocline that makes for comfortable decompression, but it also blocks light and makes it darker on the bottom.

A couple of customers grabbed some great images from the water a few weekends ago. James and Brando from "The Great Dive Podcast" captured these.

1688530725244.png

1688530739183.png

How do you like running that setup with twin outboards spaced so wide? I was just thinking about the feasibility of doing that the other day, it's cool to see someone who did it. I imagine it ventilates the props when you take a turn or roll but that might not matter in a dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom