NetDoc's Show Blog...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More from the show! The great thing about this Moscow Show, other than the SHEER ENERGY here, is the wide variety of nationalities here. With 200,000 divers, Russia is the next great Scuba Frontier. The potential market is is immense as people gain more and more disposable income. Escaping from the snow is paramount to many of them.

Here are two manufacturers from Italy sharing a Booth. Lorenzo from Maree Teknodeep and Eugenio from De-Ox (pronounced Day-Ox).

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_34_.JPG

Here is Nick Hollis from Hollis Dive Equipment and Oceanic helping out a visitor:

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_40_.JPG

The магазин was amazingly big and like many others throughout America. It had the same shops! :O I didn't spend any time in there: I have a show to report on! :D

It's not the shop but the architecture of GUM that I like. It's a shopping centre (ups - American - The Mall) built at the beginning of XX century. Beautiful place.

Prices though are completely outrageous.
:D
Mania

Hi Pete,

Like a couple of others, I can't believe that it took me so long to find this thread! Sure sounds like you're having fun and enjoying Moscow!

Have to agree with your take of Moscow in winter. My first trip was in November, and I remember thinking that the city bore a striking resemblance to Gotham in the Batman movies! And I think that you might be in the same hotel as I was my second trip - you mentioned that you are out by Ismailovsky Park? Do they still have the "dragon ladies" guarding each floor? I found all sorts of "treasures" (some of which you would probably have trouble importing back into the US) at the flea market.

Glad to hear that things are going well at the dive show. Looks like it's quite the event - hopefully you'll be able to drum up a lot of business!

Keep posting the updates - I love travelogues!

It was nice show in Moscow - a bit bigger or similar in size with Paris Dive show - By the way here were couple of French record divers: Pascal Bernabe word scuba deep champion 330 m in the sea and Sylvain Redoute - 207 m deep in cave with home made rebreather - I saw big interest of Russain divers for these guys Andy

Mares company was very active in promotion of them gear here in Moscow. They organised Miss Mares show. Nice girls were in competition how to use the "She dives" women collection - and many prizex for everyone finally

Have to agree with your take of Moscow in winter. My first trip was in November, and I remember thinking that the city bore a striking resemblance to Gotham in the Batman movies!

Reminds me of England - very dirty. Perhaps a worldwide "pressure washing day". Everyone goes outside and hoses down or pressure washes the front of their building/home/car.

Wow Pete...Russia!!!

How cool is that??? I am seriously jealous!!!

And...um....can you bring me back one of those hats???? I love that thing!!!

What would you do with a Fur hat in FL Scott? :rofl3:

If Pete does not bring you one, we have a LARGE selection here in CO! Some local made complete with heads, ears, and eyes! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom