NetDoc's Show Blog...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the firemen, here is lucky nomer 7!

rus2_bazzar12.JPG

rus2_bazzar11.JPG

What a vacation :D I love those houses and buildings, they use such beautiful colors. I wish we had some of those here in Florida to brighten things up:D How are the prices over there, like in stores or gift shops are they alot higher then here?

Vacation??? VACATION??? I am working hard here as a journalist for :sblogo: :D Yeah, that's it... I am working hard. That's my story and I am sticking to it! :D

As the sun is rising on the city, it is a lovely shade of white. There is a blanket of snow over the entire city. Snow plows are clearing the streets, but the proletariats are not hindered. They are trudging to work and it appears that they prefer the metro (subway) the trollies and walking over having a car. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's finances or the fact that there are more trucks here than I thought possible.

As for brightening... the city is truly dreary. It was odd to see a "Kid's Castle" with absolutely NO kids in it. They tell me it livens up with the kids come spring. This is how the city looked last night in the late afternoon:

rus2-lake.JPG

Here are Peter Symes from X-Ray magazine and Andrey Bizhuykin, my host. Peter is buying gloves to beat the cold.

rus2_Peter_and_Andrey.JPG

Souns like an adventure to me .. and that was just getting there! :)

Continue to keep us updated with pics and words
Thanks Pete

Thnx for the pix

Sorry, this is a day late. I lost internet access for over 24 hours! You can see ALL of my pics as I get them up at NetDoc's Pics.

The ride into the show:

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_12_.JPG

First, we started off with the opening:

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_26_.JPG

As with all shows, it's the EXHIBITOR that makes the difference. One of the most energetic exhibitors you could ever hope to meet, finds his home on the Island he promotes: Yap! Here is Detlef from Yap Divers and his wonderful Russian interpreter Irina:

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_30_.JPG

Aqualung had a booth, but I was never able to talk to anyone... maybe tomorrow!

rus_3Golden_Dolphin_28_.JPG

Pete you have to try diary products as they are absolutly the best in Russia. Try yoghurt or kefir - you will not regret this
:D

have fun comrade

Mania

Lactose intolerance makes this tantamount to playing "Russian Roulette" with my digestive system! :D

Geee - this is a pity, because these things are great there.
When you go to Красная площадь you have to see ГУМ - главный универсалный магазин. Promise you do this, promise!!!!

And bow your head a bit in front of Lubianka - thousands died there during the Stalinism times

Mania

The магазин was amazingly big and like many others throughout America. It had the same shops! :O I didn't spend any time in there: I have a show to report on! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom