Neosport Xspan same as Hyperstretch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anybody know if the new neosport xspan is the same suit as our beloved Henderson hyper stretch? Tried the H2 and hated it.

It is not the same as Henderson Hyperstretch - it's better. The material is stretchy but
durable. The hyperstretch was comfy but snagged up too much. The xspan is better and more affordable with a 3 mil going for about $150.

I agree with cdreamer. Henderson replaced my old Neosport that turned out to be a piece of junk (not entirely their fault... it had been sitting on a dealer's shelf for 8 years). The replacement, an XSPAN, has been a far better suit and so far I find it comfortable and durable as well.

One warning on the XSPAN (my wife and I have 7 mil suits) while the outside doesn't snag Velcro like the Hyperstretch, the inside snags big time.

First impressions of the xspan, very stretchy, comfortable, runs a little smaller than hyperstretch, fits me great but I can feel the water moving through the neoprene itself when moving about, strange, like wind blowing through your favorite fleece. Anybody else have comments?

First impressions of the xspan, very stretchy, comfortable, runs a little smaller than hyperstretch, fits me great but I can feel the water moving through the neoprene itself when moving about, strange, like wind blowing through your favorite fleece. Anybody else have comments?

seams are most likely only stitched together and not glued and stitched.Hold seam up to a light source and then stretch it a bit.See light coming thru the seam.. In the water thats warm water going out of the suit and cold water entering it...Thats why its so cheap.Not as warm as a better made suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom