Bare 3mm vs 5mm Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both 3 and 5mm Bare Reactives, and both fit the same. Obviously, the 5mm is a little less stretchy, but XLS size fits me perfectly.

I have the velocity ultra size ML in 3mm used it Bonaire 78 F water 4 dives a day and loved it. Just ordered the velocity ultra size ML in 5mm to use in the Bahamas hope it fits.

I bought Reactive 3 and 5mm suits at the same time a few years ago. Size XL fit me the same in both suits.

But, those were 1st gen. If you have a 1st gen 3mm and now you're looking at a 2nd gen 5mm, it would not surprise me if the sizing changed a little.

We are a BARE dealer. I generally either stay with the same size, or go up a size for thicker neoprene. Never have gone smaller for a thicker suit. The Reactive 5mm is a fantastic suit. If you would like, PM me with you height and weight. I know the BARE line really well and can tell you if the Medium will fit you
Why did Bare quit making the women's Velocity Progressive Full-Stretch? So far, that's been my favorite suit and I have about 6 of them. I suppose that's enough but what if . . .? 😊

We are a BARE dealer. I generally either stay with the same size, or go up a size for thicker neoprene. Never have gone smaller for a thicker suit. The Reactive 5mm is a fantastic suit. If you would like, PM me with you height and weight. I know the BARE line really well and can tell you if the Medium will fit you
Greetings! Can you advise if a Bare Reactive 3mm Medium would fit me well? Height 174cm and weight - 74kg. Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom