Neoprene Mask Straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
A snorkel? I thought you were scuba diving? :D

LOL! The OP is getting ready for OW and there will be a snorkel involved I just wanted to give fair warning :D

BTW, 98% of the time I still dive with my snorkel, I LIKE my snorkel :wink:

ClayJar:
Would I be struck by lightning if I jokingly responded, "That's the problem with those 'adjustable' mask harnesses. They should've gone with the hog!"
I'm not standing anywhere near you when you do it just in case :eyebrow:

Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
LOL! The OP is getting ready for OW and there will be a snorkel involved I just wanted to give fair warning :D

BTW, 98% of the time I still dive with my snorkel, I LIKE my snorkel :wink:

Good catch. I missed that. They'll certainly need it for OW.

It seems you either love them or hate them. I'm in the hate camp. I'm currently taking Rescue and PADI standards say I have to have one. I've been attaching it to my BP harness, but I even hate it there.

Ber Rabbit:
Hopping on the neoprene strap bandwagon :D

I too have fine hair so I put my hair in a ponytail low on my head so the strap has something to rest on top of. I seldom dive without my hood though so usually slippage is a non-issue.

The only problem I've seen with the ones that have the straps and cam buckles, etc. is difficulty attaching a snorkel. Some of my students who have smaller heads don't have much strap length between the mask and the neoprene so the cam/adjusting slide gets in the way of putting the snorkel on.
Good point. The issue is not as big with the tri-glide style neoprene straps, however... the buckles are much easier to work around. Anyone with a head over infant-size should have plenty of room for a snorkel.

I wear a size small or medium hat however, and I've never had a problem connecting a snorkel to either type.

CompuDude:
Good point. The issue is not as big with the tri-glide style neoprene straps, however... the buckles are much easier to work around. Anyone with a head over infant-size should have plenty of room for a snorkel.

I wear a size small or medium hat however, and I've never had a problem connecting a snorkel to either type.

I must get the small-headed people, I see the snorkel positioning problem quite a bit in my classes LOL! The snorkels with the big plastic snorkel keepers are the problem, a plain rubber "slip over" snorkel keeper works fine.

I've had the cam strap vs. snorkel problem too (while snorkeling that is :wink: ) However I switched to a bungee snorkel attachment and the issue went away - I prefer the bunee keeper to the rubber or afixed style... btw - it's just a piece of bungee tied in a loope and flipped over the strap - homemade, but works nicely.

kidspot:
I've had the cam strap vs. snorkel problem too (while snorkeling that is :wink: ) However I switched to a bungee snorkel attachment and the issue went away - I prefer the bunee keeper to the rubber or afixed style... btw - it's just a piece of bungee tied in a loope and flipped over the strap - homemade, but works nicely.

I've used pony-tail holders as well, always keep a couple extra in the save-a-dive kit :D

kidspot:
yup - that's what mine looks like... course I use black "bungee" not colorful "pony tail holders" :wink:

My "pony tail holders" are black (some of them) and made of a bungee-like material :eyebrow: Therefore YOU are just using homemade pony tail holders :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom