NELD get-together overnighter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
For those up for the short hike to the western point in the middle of the island, it looks like "deep" 30' water is only a dock-length swim away.

Matt, you lead, I'll follow.

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
Matt, you lead, I'll follow.

LobstaMan

Given the potential for a number of boats to be present, we can probably work out a system to ferry divers out to some more promising spots, such as the Brewsters, Canyons, etc.

Of course, if we use Matt as a bowsprit, he can still lead.

yak:
Given the potential for a number of boats

Boats!? We don't need no stinkin' boats!

LobstaMan

ScubaNorth:
Oh yeah and Rowe Snow liked a bit of a tall tail so take his stories with a grain of salt.
True, but his bibliographys are definately worth reading. :)
Reading a Rowe Snow book isn't really research IMHO, as he is prone to dramatizing facts, but there's a wealth of primary and secondary source material available in local libraries, historical society archives, and even at the state and national archives. I must have spent at least 20 hours in a closet-sized library room at the Hull Lifesaving Museum taking notes a few years ago, and still try to add several good pages to my "stuff about local wrecks" folder every year.

yak:
geez, I was gonna offer you a ride out, too. :mooner:

I'd didn't post that! I left myself logged in on my work computer and one of my co-workers must have posted that while I was in that big important meeting w/ the boss.:thumbs_up: Sorry, boat ride accepted.:)

LobstaMan

Yeah, the trip is still on. I booked a group camping site for up to 30 divers, and someone else did too. I'll definately be there, and I look forward to seeing everyone else who makes it out.

Back
Top Bottom