Nekton Pilot Aug. 29 - Sept. 5 Northwest Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and I said "listen, I'm easy going, I'm not a PRINCESS." Look at my profile pic to see just how scary I am, heh....

Speaking of that profile pic, do you travel with that Petzl harness rig?

And, are potential "new friends" scared by that or more... interested?

I suppose you could pick your new friends by their reaction. I suppose.:crafty:

haha! Actually my now-ex, non-diving boyfriend is one week older than I am and we decided to travel to Costa Rica to turn 50 together. That is probably my favorite picture of myself EVER even though it has nothing to do with diving.

DiverDoug's thread is totally derailed. :D

DiverDoug's thread is totally derailed. :D

Maybe, but he is just returning right now and owes us a report.

But.... what does this mean in your profile?

"Most important: tickle stick, snare, and net!"

Goes with that sit-harness, right? Sounds kind'a like an acquired taste. You got bugs?

Sure do, didn't you notice my user title? :D Caught a few today...yesterday...day before...and plan to catch some tomorrow too!

Sorry for dragging us back to earlier in this thread, but I think it was really fabulous of Nekton to officially state the reason the Pilot wasn't going out was because of a named storm rather than engine trouble. Anyone with trip insurance would find it MUCH easier to get their claim paid due to a named storm than for any other reason.

As to DebbyDiver's roommate from Hell, we've encountered folks like this more often than we'd like, but they've always been quickly shut down by everyone else on the boat, and not by everyone being rude. Of course I've never had to actually share a room with one of these folks (thankfully), but frankly I would likely have turned on the lights and blow dried my hair at night if my roommate was rude early in the morning. The minute she would have said something about my nighttime activities, I would have said I would stop if she wouldn't get up until 7am.

One problem about Princesses like this is that they expect to have everything their way and in order to avoid conflict, we usually just give in. Frankly, I'm too old to screw around and would have been able to make her life as miserable as she was making mine...knowing that I could take it a heck of a lot better than she could.

Regardless of what I would have done, it is great that you were able to have such a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself. In no time she's just going to be a terribly funny (and pathetic) story that you'll be able to tell about your trip.

... I think it was really fabulous of Nekton to officially state the reason the Pilot wasn't going out was because of a named storm rather than engine trouble.

After watching the storm track as intently as I was, I never had any doubt that it was cancelled because of the predicted Storm track. The only time that the "engine trouble" supposition came up was when someone was simply hypothesizing in black-helicopter conspiracy mode. TS Ana looked like a real problem for a few days.

they've always been quickly shut down by everyone else on the boat, and not by everyone being rude.... turned on the lights and blow dried my hair....

It's interesting how males perceive and deal with these situations differently. Of course, we snore a lot louder, on average. That~ and other "noises".

I'm glad to say that not all Chicago people are like that and it sounds like she's from the suburbs, not from the city. Glad she wasn't my roommate although if she had been i would not have been passive/aggressive, since i work with that type of personality all the time. Also, i find that when people are like that, they are hiding their inadequacies. wish i knew who she was so i can look her up and make sure i don't pick her for my doctor under my insurance plan.

Thanks, Debby for the interesting roomie report--I knew the minute I laid eyes on her at Las Olas that she was going to be a princess, but I had no idea what you were going through! Maybe you just shoulda moved out into the salon....:D

I'm glad to say that not all Chicago people are like that and it sounds like she's from the suburbs, not from the city.
:rofl3:
I spent a couple of years in Chicago (not the suburbs, please :shakehead:), but I never picked up the knack for discerning true Chicagoans from those...suburbanites.

:rofl3:
I spent a couple of years in Chicago (not the suburbs, please :shakehead:), but I never picked up the knack for discerning true Chicagoans from those...suburbanites.

Vlad - Us "suburbanites" look a lot like "true Chicagoans"... the only sure ways to tell are:

1) you are less like to find a "superior attitude" toward fellow Chicagoans :shocked2:
2) you aren't likely to see any sort of Cubs paraphernalia (at least on the South Side!!) :wink:

Go Sox!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom