Nekton Pilot Aug. 29 - Sept. 5 Northwest Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone going on the Nekton Pilot Aug. 29 to the NW Bahamas? Hope we have good weather, hurricane Fay blew out our trip last year. Looking forward to some adult beverages at the Ugly Tuna Saloona!:confined:

I'm on it the week before you. I hope we both have an awesome time!

Sorry, just ad to bump this thread to see if any of you are going.:D

I was supposed to be on the Nekton Pilot Aug. 15-22. Got to Ft. Lauderdale with 6 people and was told that the engine was broken and that the trip was cancelled, and that the next week's would be too. In the meantime, no one from Nekton has tried to contact any of us regarding compensation. Can't get them on the phone at any of their numbers either, and no answering machine. Let me know if your trip actually works out.

I was supposed to be on the Nekton Pilot Aug. 15-22. Got to Ft. Lauderdale with 6 people and was told that the engine was broken and that the trip was cancelled, and that the next week's would be too. In the meantime, no one from Nekton has tried to contact any of us regarding compensation. Can't get them on the phone at any of their numbers either, and no answering machine. Let me know if your trip actually works out.

My group (14 people) supposed to be on Nekton on August 15-22 too. They called me at the hotel around 6am Saturday and told me due to TS Anna they have to cancel the trip, they did not mention about engine problem, interesting.... :shakehead:
They told us that we can re-book the trip within 1 year to any destinations. We all flew back to Denver Saturday afternoon. Last Wednesday I called and talked to the rep. and able to re-book the trip for next May.

Ugly Tuna is no longer there. I tried to go there with my group too on the Aug. 8-15 trip. We went to Briny's instead.

I was supposed to be on the 8/15 trip to Medio Reefs as well, and am getting madder each post I read now about "engine" problems. :angrymob:

I'm still waiting to hear something from Nekton too about my request for a refund... 5 days and still waiting. :shakehead:

I finally did get the Nekton people on the phone. Would love to talk to the other people who were supposed to be on the Medio Reef trip Aug. 15-22 to compare notes. We were told at 3:45 a.m. on Aug. 15 as we were on way to airport that the engine was broken and that the boat might not go out. Four of us heard the Nekton person say this. They also contacted 2 other members of our group and told them the same thing. In the off chance that they fixed the engine, we decided to take our flight. For one thing, if it did get fixed and we didn't show up, we would have lost the trip and would have gotten no compensation, and the airline ticket was non-refundable. After we got to Ft. Lauderdale, we were were told that the engine couldn't be fixed. Only bare mention was made of the storm. We were told that we would be able to rebook, AND, in addition we would get a free cruise to be used within the following 3 years (we would just have to pay taxes and fees). For the entire following week, no one from Nekton called us, sent anything, etc., about the compensation. I started calling them a week later, and when I did get in touch with them I was told that they had been having problems with their phones. They finally sent me a letter in writing offering the compensation, but they blamed the cancellation on the storm. That really ticked me off because we had heard a different story. Furthermore, we met up with someone who had worked on the Pilot 2 years ago who said it had a long history of engine problems. We are working on rebooking, I'm sure it will be wonderful, however, I'm miffed about how they've handled the situation.

I was also booked on the Medio reef trip. They called my in-laws Saturday morning, and they called us as we were driving to the airport. They told us also that it was due to TS Ana-no mention was made to engine problems. They let us re-book on the trip the next week. I don't think they said anything about a second trip. So they offered you a second trip? Someone on the boat that had been scheduled for the cancelled trip said they offered him a second trip also.....

Back
Top Bottom