Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visa will only do disputes if the closing date for the card billing cycle is within 60 days. If the company makes you pay 90 days before the trip, then you can't get it back.

Fortunately (I guess unfortunately) this was a last minute trip so we booked it less than 60 days ago.

What is the address for the Nekoton? I'll fill out a complaint too.

This is the address of the Nekton
520 SE 32nd Street
Fort Lauderdale FL 33316
phone (800) uw-world

John

Visa will only do disputes if the closing date for the card billing cycle is within 60 days. If the company makes you pay 90 days before the trip, then you can't get it back.

What is the address for the Nekoton? I'll fill out a complaint too.

520 SE 32nd Street, Ft. Lauderdale FL 33316.

Always, Always pay with credit card. With the dive market what is is today you could always do last minute booking and may even get a discount (if you ask nicely) if they are trying to fill the boat. Same holds true for for land based right now. They need the bookings and are willing to discount to fill space that would otherwise have zero profit.

Just took a trip and negotiated for both room rates and car rental. Just deal direct as travel agents may not be willing to take the cut.

Ouch, we are booked on the June 12 cruise and found this out today. it's not looking good

John

How did you find out? Did the company try to contact you? Just curious.

We actually received an email from the newsletter writer for our scuba club. He was sending out a list of dive related news and that was one of the topics.
John

that's pretty sad of Nekton's owners....

they put up a "out of business" thing on their website several days ago.....

and yet they still haven't bothered to contact customers who could be wasting further money on airfare since then... :shakehead:

Well, with the service that they have provided, which was rotten, I really don't expect them to call and say "sorry we are closing our doors." They weren't honest about their business in the first place. Don't expect them to have integrity now.

thanks mike, will be knocking on their door. of course it does help that i will be on their boat next week going to Belize. i'll get to see their operation first hand.

Another complaint link with Fla Govt

the 3 w/s then .800helpfla.com

Division Consumer Services

I don't have enough posts to do a URL

The manner that Nekton has shut down by not even contacting its customers is very disappointing, but I'm VERY impressed with the way the other liveaboard companies have come through with such generous offers to those of us stranded. Many kudos to them! :luxhello:

So many KUDOS to the Agressor Fleet! They will honor my payment to Nekton (with documentation). I hope the dive community sees what they are doing and "Pays it forward!" I look forward to diving with the Agressor Fleet soon and many more times in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom