Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Doug,

Well you have a point. Friends overlook the obvious sometimes.

When is your next live aboard? I'm headed to Coz, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Belize in August on the Carnival Valor. Its a lot bigger than the CEX II but it runs better than any of the Nekton boats. I'll be 12 weeks post rotator cuff repair. Can't wait to to blow bubbles again.

On the Cayman Aggressor in 10 days. Scubamurr, hope the Mrs. and Zeagle are well.

Hey Doug I'm on the 8/14 Cayman Aggressor trip, can't wait to hear about your trip. First time with Aggressor for me but you got to love a company where the CEO puts his contact info on the web site for his customers to access. I guess JD never did that! I can't complain, did two Nekton Belize trips and had a great time, then bailed and moved to other ops before it got ugly.

Joe

I also lost all respect for JD the man when HIS company at the direction of him continued to take deposits and full payment of charters when the company had no way of ever fulfilling the obligations to the passengers.

Absolutely no different from just plain stealing. How can a person be a "Great Family Man" and set this kind of example for his family?

I also lost all respect for JD the man when HIS company at the direction of him continued to take deposits and full payment of charters when the company had no way of ever fulfilling the obligations to the passengers. If that does not make sense I am sorry. He took the money and knew he could not provide the service that those payments represented.

Hey... he had to pay for his new Mercedes somehow.... :D

Word is that the crew who hadn't been paid properly (wages and/or tips) had been sucking it up with the "times are tight" spiel on not getting paid....

Heard that Dixon shows up to meet the boat to give them another little pep talk, after they hadn't been paid, driving his new Mercedes down to the dock.

It apparently didn't go over too well..... that was about the time that you saw the crew quitting and/or trying to find other jobs.

I'm sure that lots of people are out of money, customer, employees, vendors, etc. But wonder if he got to keep his Mercedes? :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom