Negotiate a better tour deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kckid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It seems like a number of operators include equipment in their tour fee. If you have your own gear (minus weights and tanks) is it possible to negotiate a better deal under the context of not using their equipment?

I figure I could take what some operators charge for equipment rental and take around 1/2 of that value off the price as the minimum amount that should be discounted of the tour.

It won't be alot of money, but every little bit helps.

I doubt that will be the case. Many operators heavily discount the "hire fee" for using their gear in their tours.

For instance, two dives with us is $145 if we supply everything; you only save $20 if you bring your own kit - $125. Most divers to our area do not bring their kit due to weight limitations etc.

If you hired the kit it would be $80 just to hire it, no tour.

I would talk to the operators you are looking at using, they will have prices available for what you want to do.

i also thing it depends on the lenght of the trip. 1 day trips will price there gear hire differently to 7 day livaboards. in the end just ask, it cant do any harm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom