Need your help: Three options. Which is the "best"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swiss_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow divers

My wife and I are planning our next dive trip for X-Mas/New Year (Dec 20th - Jan 5th) and we settled for the Philippines.
We´re both advance divers (150 dives each) and have seen quite a bit (Palau, Yap, Mozambique, Bali, Thailand, Bonaire etc.) and I´m currently unsure which is the best option to take :)

Any advice based on personal experience (pro/con) is welcome, but we´d need it quick as we have to book mid next-week.
Also any recommendations on what to do else etc. Option 3 is a bit more expensive, but otherwise price isn't a criteria.

Option 1:

Kokay's Maldito Dive Resort - Malapascua (7 nights, diving early morning with thresher sharks etc.)
El Dorado Beach Resort - Dauin (7 nights)
Diving both places with Dive Society.
El Dorado Beach Resort
Kokay's Maldito Restobar - Malapascua Island

Option 2:
„Whispering Palms Resort“, Sipaway Island (7 nights), diving with Sipaway Divers
Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort“ Negros Island (6 nights), diving with Sea Explorers
Whispering Palms
Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort, Dumaguete Philippines, Dive Philippines, Sea Explorers, world's unique island hopping and scuba diving, idc center, cdc center offers all Padi Courses for the best quality and Prices, Tauchen Philippinen, einzigartiges

Option 3:
Atmosphere Resort (14 nights) diving with the Atmosphere dive center (duh hehe).
home

Thanks ladies and gentlemen!

Hmmmm, regarding the last option, from what I've heard, 14 days might be way too long to spend just in Dauin, even if you are doing daytrips to Apo and Siquijor.

7 nights in Malapascua may be a bit long! 4-5 nights should do it. & nights in Dauin? yes that's good, and should leave a day or two to visit other nearby area's. the remaining 2-3 night's could be spent diving out of Mactan Is., (Cebu), then a fast ferry to Dauin.

Of the Dauin options my personal choice would be Atmosphere, but 2 weeks is too long. Why not do Malapascua and Atmosphere. Or Sipaway and Atmosphere?

Thanks everyone for your valued feedback. We got the trip sorted now, also thanks to you :)

Back
Top Bottom