Need RI infor/advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plenty of tropicals at Ft Adams - did 2 dives there friday night, saw a decent sized big eye, a lionfish and a porcupine fish, they're still here, just have to look carefully for them
Chris

Rainer:
Where at Ft Adams did you see these? Also, at what depths? Thanks!!!
behind eisenhower house at the sea wall, just follow the road until you come to a small beach area with a wall there, we were in no more than 15-20 ft of water all night, we were after bugs, late friday night... just remember to take it nice and slow and really look hard close to the seaweed/rock piles, the big eye couldnt be missed, it was a brilliant vibrant red colour and wasnt at all bothered by us, <br> good luck! are you capturing them or just looking to see some?

rainer- hope you get some, I also spotted a snowy grouper at wetherill a few weeks ago that was awesome, so cool to see it weaving in and out of the seaweed, its a fantastic time of year to be diving in RI

sc- where at wetherill did you see it (sorry for all the qs!)? we didn't see any tropicals when we were there, so just want to get some ideas about where to look. we were diving the left cove, along the left wall. dove along the bottom on the way out, and at about 10ft coming back in.

Rainer, I was in the right cove(boat ramp) and saw tropicals on the left side of that cove, also i did a dive to the right side and the right wall early in the summer before tropicals came and saw more local marine life on that 40 min dive than I ever have, taugs stripers moving at lightning speed, squid, bugs, moon snails(?) flounder, skate, it was a big soup of marine life it was buzzing so good to see it thriving

I am doing a night dive at Wetherill on Tuesday night and will be collecting tropicals... If anyone is interested let me know

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom