Need recommendations for lodging in Nags Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kriterian:
Since we're getting closer to the date I was just wondering if we could get some details locked in about it.

1) Who else is definitely going?

2) What day (Saturday) and time are we meeting?

3) Where are we meeting? (The beach at the wrecks, OBX dive shop, motel, restaurant)

4) How many dives are we doing?

5) Anybody else staying to dive on Sunday?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't just want to show up down there and find noone there or have any way to contact others.

Okay, okay....I will get on the ball :wink:

1) I don't know who is definitely going except for about four others at the moment. I'll check with the rest of them and post it.

2) We're diving Saturday and I'd imagine we'll meet in the morning. I'll post the exact time later.

3) Don't know answer to this question yet.

4) Don't know.

5) I might, don't know about the rest of the group.

By the end of this week I'll start a thread on the trip and post more details. I'm still leaving accomodations up to each individual.

If you haven't booked a place to stay yet, check out this place:

Outer Banks Hostel

I found them when I was doing research on staying in the Nags Head area. They're about 10miles north of Nags Head and it's only $20/person/night. Or you can camp for $20 for 2 people + $5/each extra.

I haven't stayed there yet, but do have reservations for August.

Thanks and this sounds like my kind of place. Cheap! :D

So far I have confirmations for BabyDuck and ncknightdiver.

Dive-aholic:

Outer Banks Hostel

I found them when I was doing research on staying in the Nags Head area. They're about 10miles north of Nags Head and it's only $20/person/night. Or you can camp for $20 for 2 people + $5/each extra.

I plan on going Mel. I'll be getting up and driving up that morning. Probably be a Saturday only dive for me.

Jason

I started a thread in Trips and Happenings regarding this trip. I'll save this thread for any info regarding lodging.

Dive-aholic:

Outer Banks Hostel

Thanks for the info and the link, definitely sounds like my kind of place. It's kind of odd that you pay extra to sleep outdoors instead of inside, haha.

Kriterian:
Thanks for the info and the link, definitely sounds like my kind of place. It's kind of odd that you pay extra to sleep outdoors instead of inside, haha.

It's actually $20 per person per night to sleep indoors, while 2 people can sleep outdoors for the same $20. So 4 people would pay $80 a night indoors, but only $30 a night outdoors.

I haven't been there, but from everything I've seen on their website, it looks like a decent place to stay. Even if you camp, you still have access to the community kitchen. They also provide bicycles for free to anyone who stays there if you decide you want to go for a ride after diving.

Dive-aholic:
It's actually $20 per person per night to sleep indoors, while 2 people can sleep outdoors for the same $20. So 4 people would pay $80 a night indoors, but only $30 a night outdoors.

Yeah that's my fault. I didn't notice the "20$ for two people outdoors", sorry. Either way it still looks like a cool place to stay.

Hi all,
Just decended to toss my hood into the surf. To those of you I've met... it's been a pleasure and I can't wait to blpw you some bubbles; to those of you I have yet to meet... I'm greatly looking forwrd to it. I'm firming up as we speak and plan to bring my cabin tent. Is someONE calling to reserve sites or shall I call the camp ground directly? If the latter, should we request adjoining sites under the name of NCWD?
Jeff

harleyridernc2003:
Hi all,
Just decended to toss my hood into the surf. To those of you I've met... it's been a pleasure and I can't wait to blpw you some bubbles; to those of you I have yet to meet... I'm greatly looking forwrd to it. I'm firming up as we speak and plan to bring my cabin tent. Is someONE calling to reserve sites or shall I call the camp ground directly? If the latter, should we request adjoining sites under the name of NCWD?
Jeff

Okay, I guess one person does need to call and block off some sites. I can give them a call tomorrow and block off enough sites for our campsites. I'll post tomorrow after I call so you all can reserve your spot with your credit cards. As I've mentioned before, I really don't want to handle anyone's money and I'm sure you all understand. Since I can't post from work I'll email Kristi and have her post the info regarding camp sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom