Need recommendations for lodging in Nags Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Day:
Is that the "nice" one or the scary one with the 3-legged dog?
Frick & Frack and I were at the Duke of Dare. You and Doc Cluster stayed at the Dare Haven with the 3-legged dog.

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations!

Day, I will take your advice and stay far, far away from the Dare Haven and the three-legged dog! :D

Mel

So mel, did you get any rates? Please list as SOME of us MAY be tempted to change our minds if they are low enough.

kristi hager:
So mel, did you get any rates? Please list as SOME of us MAY be tempted to change our minds if they are low enough.
If I recall correctly... Duke of Dare is around $50-60 per night for room with two double beds.

The wreck is only 50-75 yards offshore, not 200.

If I remember right, only one of the three parts is only 75 yards off shore...LOL...thanks for the reminder...but there is more further out... :wink:

Alright I have to ask... why are you specifically planning a trip to Nags Head to make a couple of so-so shore dives when there are much more interesting sites offshore?

cornfed:
Alright I have to ask... why are you specifically planning a trip to Nags Head to make a couple of so-so shore dives when there are much more interesting sites offshore?

I think it was because:

1) It's cheap(er).

B) It's for the newbies to get used to NC coastal diving.

Since we're getting closer to the date I was just wondering if we could get some details locked in about it.

1) Who else is definitely going?

2) What day (Saturday) and time are we meeting?

3) Where are we meeting? (The beach at the wrecks, OBX dive shop, motel, restaurant)

4) How many dives are we doing?

5) Anybody else staying to dive on Sunday?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't just want to show up down there and find noone there or have any way to contact others.

cornfed:

The answer to this question is because it is a cheap dive, some of the members of our group live close by, and some of us are just plain curious about the site. I'm sure once we dive it once we may not want to do it again, but then we again we might. A couple of us in our group are trying to save money for other dive trips/classes, and those offshore trips can get expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom