Need recommendations for lodging in Nags Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A group of us from NCWD are headed to Nags Head June 24-26 to dive the Triangle Wrecks http://www.obxdive.com/NagsHead.htm. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to stay? Also, if anyone is interested in joining us just let me know by posting here.

Mel
cheering.gif

low end "duke of dare" in Manteo real close to the boat

There is a very affordable but nice little efficiency called Fin and feather right past the causeway bridge. I believe it was somewhere around 70 dollars per night. Also check out the travelers lodge.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out both places.

suthnbelle:
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out both places.

It's probably kind of obvious, but did you check out the Local Accommodations section of OBX's site? There is a hotel on the beach that they are allied with that offers a 15% discount to be OBX divers.

The triangle wrecks are the shallow off shore ones right? Hopefully once I can get a summer schedule I'll know if I can go or not.

Kriterian:
It's probably kind of obvious, but did you check out the Local Accommodations section of OBX's site? There is a hotel on the beach that they are allied with that offers a 15% discount to be OBX divers.

The triangle wrecks are the shallow off shore ones right? Hopefully once I can get a summer schedule I'll know if I can go or not.

Chris, are you EVER going to get that summer schedule? LOL Well, I hope you'll be able to join us, and yes they are shore dives. I thought I did check that link off their site, but maybe I missed that one hotel. I did call some hotels but they were a little more than I think we'd want to spend. I'll check again.

Mel

suthnbelle:
A group of us from NCWD are headed to Nags Head June 24-26 to dive the Triangle Wrecks http://www.obxdive.com/NagsHead.htm. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to stay? Also, if anyone is interested in joining us just let me know by posting here.

Mel
cheering.gif

The Tri-Wrecks is swimable from the beach. it's only about 100 yards offshore and a pretty good dive.

The best place to stay would be to rent one of the beach houses directly in front of it.

I'd call one of the local dive shops there and see if you can get them (or hopefully someone here) to do a drive by and find the rental agent of the house(s) near the Tri-wrecks site.

That way you could dive it from where you're staying and never have to haul gear far, etc.

If I remember right, it's about 50-75 yards south of the 2nd street beach access.

-Mike

Also make sure you get accurate instructions on how to find them...a dive shop clerk gave me inaccurate instructions and I spent a tank locating them. He gave me the wrong landmark to start my dive.

scubadiver214:
Mel,

I've done the triangle wrecks. Not bad for shore diving.

Dave

Hi Dave! What did you think of the dive, and any recommendation on lodging?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom