Need Quick Belize Dive Site Recommendations!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YukonJack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in San Pedro right now, and need some good dive site recommendations. I'm not looking to do the blue hole, light house, etc., but looking for close to the reef sites. So far I have done Christ of the Abyss, Tres Cocos, Esmerelda, and Tackle Box Canyon. If you all in the know could help me with recommendations, and if you could get the wind to please die down, I would greatly appreciate it.

Greg

I am in San Pedro right now, and need some good dive site recommendations. I'm not looking to do the blue hole, light house, etc., but looking for close to the reef sites. So far I have done Christ of the Abyss, Tres Cocos, Esmerelda, and Tackle Box Canyon. If you all in the know could help me with recommendations, and if you could get the wind to please die down, I would greatly appreciate it.

Greg

Sign up for a day trip to Turneffe Atoll, you won't regret it. Dive the Elbow if weather allows, one of the best dives there. When we were there last week Amigos del Mar were doing trips to Turneffe in their big boat, Ramone's may be doing it also. It's my opinion that the dive sites up & down Ambergris are pretty much the same. Good luck with the wind, never let up while we were there.

If you can, try to ask for a night dive in Hol Chan. That was my favorite dive the first time I went to Belize.

Thanks for all the advice. I am considering a night dive in Hol Chan, but have to see what the family thinks the plan is for tonight. Tonight would be my last chance as we are leaving tomorrow, just when the effing winds are starting to die down :( We are heading out on a two tank dive here in about 45 minutes, but not decided on a location yet. The winds are about 15 knots, and the waves are about 5 feet, 7 second intervals, so its going to be a little bouncy outside the reef. Wish me luck!

Yup, get off the SP reef and head South!

Even down to CCMR

Longer trip ($$$), but IMO better diving

_R

So that is going to have to be another trip. Not possible to get out that far this time around with all the family in tow. My dive has been pushed back till 11am this morning due to winds and high seas. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled!

Yup, get off the SP reef and head South!

Even down to CCMR

Longer trip ($$$), but IMO better diving

_R

Back
Top Bottom