Need Parts Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As soon as I pick it up tomorrow, pictures will be on this thread… I understand I can still use it, I just want it to be right…. That regulator has been bulletproof for 30 years, these people have really made me angry with their incompetence.

I'm never one to go off on people, but I definitely went off on them on the phone today

Here are some Conshelf diagrams.

The older ones had a nut, but not the newer ones.

Conshelf22-21-20-XIV & XIVsup Part list .jpg

Conshelf VI 1st stage Part list only.jpg

Conshelf XI 1st stage Part list only.jpg

Here is a Conshelf XII. The last one with a yoke nut, from the 70's.

Conshelf XII  Part list only_Page_2.jpg

In the last picture, it looks like part number 5 is what is missing which keeps the yoke from completely unscrewing from the 1st stage

I'll be going into town to pick it up tomorrow, and post up

The last pictures is a Conshelf XII from the 1970's. The last Conshelf that used a yoke that was not threaded and it was held by the nut.

After the Conshelf XII, came the Conshelf XIV and all the newer Conshelf, as shown in the first diagram. All the newer ones use the threaded yoke an no nut. There is no place to put a nut if the yoke is threaded. There a little groove for a snap ring, but most of us take the snap ring off and never put it back. I have a bunch not in use.

If the yoke is not threaded then the only way to hold it in place is with the nut.

If you have yoke that is not threaded, we can help you get a nut. I posted a link to where they are available in an earlier thread.

We do need photos, you have 3 folks helping you that have seen a bunch of Conshelfs. If you have the older yoke without threads that used item 5 in the last parts break down, you have 2 options. Get a later yoke with threads or use your yoke and get another nut. I am pretty sure I have both that are off unusable regs, be happy to help you get the old reg back in the water.

Thanks guys, mine was purchased brand new in 1990, I will post pics tomorrow after I pick it up

Images that might help

Attachments

• EA5307E8-7495-4E68-847C-75713F6782B3.jpeg
    EA5307E8-7495-4E68-847C-75713F6782B3.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 86
  • CONSHELF 30 SUPREME (3).jpg
    CONSHELF 30 SUPREME (3).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 85
The 30 (aka Royal) uses a different design. It uses a HP nozzle assembly like the Royal Aquamaster or DA Aquamaster . The yoke is captured under this assmebly.

Out of where did you invent this idea

1643491528841.png

Man!

The suspense is killing me.

That Conshelf 30 looks very interesting. There's not much information on the web about it. Does anyone have additional information?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom