Need Parts Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That statement coming from a dive shop is irritating and shows either a special kind of ignorance or pure dishonesty.

Its both. That shop sold in recent years, obviously not being run very well.

I knew there would be folks right here on SB that could help me.

I just couldn't believe the guy said 'it's 32 years old, I think you got your use out of it"

Lol

I just couldn't believe the guy said 'it's 32 years old, I think you got your use out of it"
Well, if he has any old regs he "got his use" out of, he can send them my way, lol. My daily diver single hose reg is a Conshelf that's closer to 50 years old... I also dive a it's double hose ancestors, lol.

If you need service on your reg.s you can reach out me or Jerrie at DiverDownDHR.com Everything above is spot on. These parts are readily available, this design has gone essentially unchanged since the first DA. There are some differences in pin length between generations and models, but that is easily accommodated. The only other issue I've seen recently, is the balance chamber chrome is thicker than the originals, such that it can fit too tight, and needs sanded in on some individual regulators.

If you need service on your reg.s you can reach out me or Jerrie at DiverDownDHR.com Everything above is spot on. These parts are readily available, this design has gone essentially unchanged since the first DA. There are some differences in pin length between generations and models, but that is easily accommodated. The only other issue I've seen recently, is the balance chamber chrome is thicker than the originals, such that it can fit too tight, and needs sanded in on some individual regulators.

Thank You!!

I have a Conshelf 14 with the full USD octopus that I am planning to part with after it has sat
unused for 30yrs. My preliminary searches found no rebuild kits, and I even had a dive shop tell
me to turn it in for brass scrap due to its age. A bit more diligence found this site and thread, and the McMaster parts list in the DIY thread. Nice to see that the necessary parts are more common than it first appeared. I can pass my gear along knowing the next person will have no problem keeping it going.

2022 Potential parts vendors/DIY:
silentexplorers.com
vintagedoublehose.com
amronintl.com
aerobasegroup.com

I have a Conshelf 14 with the full USD octopus that I am planning to part with after it has sat
unused for 30yrs. My preliminary searches found no rebuild kits, and I even had a dive shop tell
me to turn it in for brass scrap due to its age. A bit more diligence found this site and thread, and the McMaster parts list in the DIY thread. Nice to see that the necessary parts are more common than it first appeared. I can pass my gear along knowing the next person will have no problem keeping it going.

2022 Potential parts vendors/DIY:
silentexplorers.com
vintagedoublehose.com
amronintl.com
aerobasegroup.com

The Conshelf 1st Stages, all of them, are still viable as first class 1st stage regulators. Inexpensive and readily available. They primarily differ in port layouts. Easily rebuilt using standard hand tools.

My guess as to what happened.

1. Dive shop took regulator apart for servicing and destroyed the yoke clip in the process.

2. The official part from US Divers/Aqualung was no longer available

3. Due to liability, they won't install an aftermarket stainless clip even though it has zero to do with the regulators function.

4. They said nothing about it and tightened the yoke down with superhuman strength thinking I wouldn't notice it.

5. When i took it back denied all responsibility, claiming it was properly reassembled and must have "fallen off"

Um... no you jackwagons, that part can not possibly "fall off" by design. Plus telling me "you got your use out of it" is horsesh---.

They just lost a customer and gained a negative reviewer who will steer everyone away from using them as a dive shop.

Either way, thank you to everyone who helped me, she's got the clip and she's happy to go diving again.
I have a question. In the picture, is that snap ring that holds on the yoke in place, in addition to threads inside the yoke? Or is only the snap ring holding the yoke on, with a nut now missing?

I have a question. In the picture, is that snap ring that holds on the yoke in place, in addition to threads inside the yoke? Or is only the snap ring holding the yoke on, with a nut now missing?
The yoke itself is threaded, the circlip only keeps you from being able to back it all the way off. Belt and suspenders.
Respectfully,

James

The yoke itself is threaded, the circlip only keeps you from being able to back it all the way off. Belt and suspenders.
Respectfully,

James
Thanks for the clarification. It looked to me like there might have been a clearance hole under the snap ring, rather than a female thread. I was concerned that someone may have used a yoke that was intended to be used with a nut, & had only used a snap ring to hold it in place. That connection typically has over 1,000 pounds of force on it, even if you ignore the addition of side loading stresses. If it was just the snap ring holding it all together, I would have been concerned.

Yes, the snap ring was all i needed.

Thank you scuba board for your help.

And i still can't believe the shop told me not to bring them my "old unservicable" regulator again 😁

Back
Top Bottom