Need Parts Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcohen1021

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
HI all,

So, I took my beloved 1990 US Divers Conshelf SE2 regulator to the shop to get serviced in 2019. it was not ready for my trip that year, so I used a loaner.

I finally got to use the regulator last month only to discover that the yoke nut was missing and had been deliberately left off by the shop :mad:

Believe me, I gave them a good reaming as they claim that the yoke nut is no longer manufactured. I do not want a new regulator, I love my old S2.

Are these yoke nuts not universal? I would assume yes because all tanks and all 1st stages are compatible.

I'll never go to that shop again, but my problem is the same as it was when I gave them the regulator - NO yoke nut.

Does anyone have a yoke nut sitting around collecting dust or have a good source to purchase one? I have been searching online and have seen a few things, but not sure if what I've looked at will work.

The nut should look something like this below:

Thanks in advance for any help.

1643408683627.png

I've had a few SE2s (and others) and have only seen the screw on yoke and a snap ring to keep it from unscrewing too far (I leave the snap ring off for ease of service). Can I see a picture of the reg as is? Particularly at the yoke/reg connection.

Respectfully,

James

I've had a few SE2s (and others) and have only seen the screw on yoke and a snap ring to keep it from unscrewing too far (I leave the snap ring off for ease of service). Can I see a picture of the reg as is? Particularly at the yoke/reg connection.

Respectfully,

James

Thank you so much in advance, I will be picking up the regulator tomorrow and I will definitely post up a picture. Thanks again man

Mark

I have never seen that ring on a Conshelf. I dug through all my manuals and do not see it listed in any parts list. The only thing I have seen and that is listed on any breakdown I have is the couple of different circlips.....and I never put them back on my regs. I can tell you that the thread is an oddball size, I forget off hand what it is but I do remember it's not a standard. As long as you have a threaded on yoke, I would not stress over it.

If you are talking about the yoke screw then, yea they are a standard thread and I am pretty sure I have a USD one I would part with....and real sure I have one that will work but might not be USD/AL.

The lack of that yoke nut makes the regulator very cumbersome to attach to the tank… So if I can't find the part, I'm probably looking up break open the piggy bank and get a new regulator.

This crappy dive shop instead of putting it all back together properly, tightened the yoke to the 1st stage so hard that it would take superhuman strength to unscrew it. Then they had the audacity to tell me that it was all put together properly and it got lost between the time that they gave it back to me and the time I went to the Bahamas last month

I don't have the regulator back, but I would be more than happy to put the pictures up

I really don't want to retire this regulator, its been with me for so long

I agree with James.

The threads on the Aqua Lung yoke nut is not a standard thread.

Here is a reproduction of a yoke nut and vintage yoke, that would fit that regulator, but I am not sure if this nut will work well with your yoke.

There were some Conshelf with separate yoke and yoke nut, but most just had a threaded yoke.

Could it be that the shop consulted their manual which doesn’t shoe such a part and assembled it according to the factory instructions they had, assuming that this nut was an after market add on? My two Conshelf 14 yokes also don’t have a nut or circlips, with one being older and one much newer.

There is definitely no reason to retire a Conshelf, but we do need pictures.

There are three of us that are confused and all three of us are familiar with Conshelfs.

The lack of that yoke nut makes the regulator very cumbersome to attach to the tank… So if I can't find the part, I'm probably looking up break open the piggy bank and get a new regulator.

This crappy dive shop instead of putting it all back together properly, tightened the yoke to the 1st stage so hard that it would take superhuman strength to unscrew it. Then they had the audacity to tell me that it was all put together properly and it got lost between the time that they gave it back to me and the time I went to the Bahamas last month

I don't have the regulator back, but I would be more than happy to put the pictures up

I really don't want to retire this regulator, its been with me for so long
No need to retire it, just loosen the yoke off the body a thread or so (so that you can see threads above and below the yoke), and dive the heck out of it! If you can't get it loose, I know a couple cheap trucks that may help.

Respectfully,

James

No need to retire it, just loosen the yoke off the body a thread or so (so that you can see threads above and below the yoke), and dive the heck out of it! If you can't get it loose, I know a couple cheap trucks that may help.

Respectfully,

James
Don't use trucks... no need to use that much force...

OK, I am just kidding. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom