Need Parts Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so now that I have the regulator back, I was able to look at it again. What it is missing is a round clip that goes into the groove above the threaded area.

What I am wondering, is there an aftermarket solution?

See below:

Attachments

• yoke1.jpg
    yoke1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
  • yoke2.jpg
    yoke2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 71
  • yoke3.jpg
    yoke3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 74
SORRY, I thought I posted it last night it didnt go through!

Yes, that snap ring is readily available from McMaster Carr (in Stainless), but you may have to buy a bag (probably less than $10 for the bag) and shipping is always another $10...

Most of us remove the clip and never put it back. It really serves very little purpose... that is unless you have little kids that like to take things apart, like pens to see how they work... and they don't put things back together... :)

Here is a link to another thread that someone has some new snap rings (from Aqua Lung) in stock. Since you only need one the price is very reasonable (compared to buying a bag).

If you still have trouble getting one, let us know... like I said, there are a bunch of us, that must have a bunch of this snap rings that we have removed and they are stored somewhere...

Note: do not discourage your little kids from taking apart pens (and other non-dangerous items)... they may become engineers one day. :cool:

Yes, that snap ring is readily available from McMaster Carr (in Stainless), but you may have to buy a bag (probably less than $10 for the bag) and shipping is always another $10...

Most of us remove the clip and never put it back. It really serves very little purpose... that is unless you have little kids that like to take things apart, like pens to see how they work... and they don't put things back together... :)

Here is a link to another thread that someone has some new snap rings (from Aqua Lung) in stock. Since you only need one the price is very reasonable (compared to buying a bag).

If you still have trouble getting one, let us know... like I said, there are a bunch of us, that must have a bunch of this snap rings that we have removed and they are stored somewhere...

Note: do not discourage your little kids from taking apart pens (and other non-dangerous items)... they may become engineers one day. :cool:
Thanks... Will the ring for the XIV be compatible with the SE2? Is there a part #?

This is great!

Item 5 on the top diagram (PN 861068), that I posted yesterday.

The 4th post on that other thread (that I linked above) should help you. @akdeepdiver should be able to help you, he even included an email address.

Yes, they are all exactly the same.

Item 5 on the top diagram (PN 861068), that I posted yesterday.

The 4th post on that other thread should help you. @akdeepdiver should be able to help you, he even included an email address.

Yes, they are all exactly the same.
Thanks again - That is Aqualung Part #861068. Aqualung no longer makes it I believe.

What would the part # be on McMaster Car?

That is a standard part. Aqua Lung would probably never actually made something standard of the shelf.

You could use this one. It is not exactly the same but it will do the same job.

15-7 PH Stainless Steel
11/16"0.646"0.046"0.635"0.042"Rockwell C443,450MagneticASME B18.27.1591590A127$8.38

I did find a perfect match in McMaster Carr, but they only carry the one that looks the same in regular steel, not SS.

If you want a perfect match, I would recommend buying it from that other fellow in Texas.

You could use this one. It is not exactly the same but it will do the same job.
Thanks so much for your help man - can you tell me what's different about the part you posted?

Take a look at the two snap rings below. They are both from McMaster Carr, but the first picture is not available in stainless (at least nor now).

The style shown in the first picture is what the Aqua Lung part looks like. You can see it on the picture posted on the previous page.

1643575079153.png

1643575094256.png

Thanks man! I really appreciate the help, I ordered a few of those and will take a couple of them to my DM friend in Cozumel

Back
Top Bottom