Need Parts Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you order some for your dive shop

Did you order some for your dive shop

Their complete lack of accountability means i will not be going back to them. I'll go the extra distance now to avoid them. Just need to find a shop in DFW I can trust.

My DM/Friend in Cozumel will get a few of them, he also dives with an SE2 and loves it.

My guess as to what happened.

1. Dive shop took regulator apart for servicing and destroyed the yoke clip in the process.

2. The official part from US Divers/Aqualung was no longer available

3. Due to liability, they won't install an aftermarket stainless clip even though it has zero to do with the regulators function.

4. They said nothing about it and tightened the yoke down with superhuman strength thinking I wouldn't notice it.

5. When i took it back denied all responsibility, claiming it was properly reassembled and must have "fallen off"

Um... no you jackwagons, that part can not possibly "fall off" by design. Plus telling me "you got your use out of it" is horsesh---.

They just lost a customer and gained a negative reviewer who will steer everyone away from using them as a dive shop.

Either way, thank you to everyone who helped me, she's got the clip and she's happy to go diving again.

Attachments

• 20220206_164656.jpg
    20220206_164656.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 76
Any wonder so many of us DIY repair? Glad to see you have the reg back in action.

After reading their letter to me. now I'm more triggered....

"Due to the age of the regulator it is possible that the retaining clip got loose and was either lost or fell off"

BULLCRAP!!!!!

Then they told me: "we will also no longer be able to service this unit in the future as the parts are either discontinued or too hard to come by"

UM, NOR DO I WANT YOU TO!!!!

I have a mind to post this letter and expose this inferior excuse for a diveshop.

What with the Conshelf 14 still being in production (and using the same service kit) they are either full of something, or incompetent. Reminds me of a Harley dealership that told me they didn't have replacement screw for a Buell transmission access panel (same transmission is in a sportster). Don't walk away... Run. I'm not a fan of public name calling, but these guys seem to have stuck to their guns on wanting to avoid the vaguest hint of responsibility... In your shoes I might share the name. Tough call.
Regardless, glad it's back in the water... And when it comes time to service it again reach out to one of us that like the Conshelf series. We can either help you to the dark side (I mean DIY side), or point you to a competent tech.

Best,

James

Since there's only one scuba shop in Plano Texas, I think I don't need to really name the shop. it'll be pretty obvious lol

To me i feel patronized... them acting like I'm stupid and would actually believe that that clip could get loose or fall off. there is no way it could... they don't want to take ownership for losing the clip or not putting it back on.

If they would have owned up to it, I wouldn't be making such a big deal about it but when somebody's blatantly full of crap like this that's when I put them on blast

Then they told me: "we will also no longer be able to service this unit in the future as the parts are either discontinued or too hard to come by"

That statement coming from a dive shop is irritating and shows either a special kind of ignorance or pure dishonesty.

Aqua Lung diaphragm single hose regulators, from the mid 1960's to 2022 share the same HP seat and many other parts.

All normally replaceable part in a Conshelf are easily available. I am not even referring to after-market parts (which some dealers would not use).

The only things you normally replace in a Conshelf are standard O-rings (available from Aqua Lung or standard form many sources), the flat filter (many sources, including AL), the HP diaphragm (again many sources, including AL), and the HP seat (again many sources and shared by the latest AL regulators).

The statement is so ridiculous, it is hard to comprehend.

Metal parts do not normally need replacing unless an incompetent tech ruins them. Even corrosion has a hard time putting a brass part out of service.

Take a look at at parts diagrams of several Aqua Lung regulators below.

Pages Conshelf SE2  Aqualung spare_parts_catalog_2006 - Copy-2.jpg

Pages Legend 2 Aqualung spare_parts_catalog_2006 - Copy.jpg

Pages Legend Lux   Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014 - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom