Need new personal gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfuruno

New
Reaction score
Hi, newish member here. I used to dive a ton (~100 dives a year), but that was 10 years ago and I am definietkly out ofthe loop. I need to buy a new set of personal gear before I take a refresher course.

Any suggestions for online shops with good gear and reasonable prices? I would hit a local store, but here in Baltimore, there is not much and I will be taking the refressher through a community college, not a shop. Although if anyone is from the area and has a recommendation for a local, I am all ears. I am also a bit out of touch as to what is the best stuff and the best value as well, so suggestions for any sites with reviews would also be helpful.

Thanks, JJ

Leisurepro.com and scubatoys.com are both pretty good online stores with decent prices. Just search around, because a lot depends on what you are looking to buy.

I should have added that I am willing to spend around $200-$250 and I realize that I need to try this stuff one to be sure of a good fit, which means finding a local store. That said, I still would appreciate knowing what the better online stores are, so I can do some comparison shopping.

Saw you inquiry. Have equipment used by my family and me only for certification. Nver used outside the pool. Interested. Price negotiable.

Scuba Pro Twin Jet Fins (Black)- Medium $75
Scuba Pro Twin Jet Fins (Blue) - Large $75
SeaDive Z (Black) Medium $60
Tilos Hydro+ Booties Size 6 and Size 7 $20
PIC Booties Size 9
Gloves XS, M and SX $10

All like new. Only used in Certification Class at Scuba Science

Gary (AZ) 602.677.0459

Leisurepro.com and scubatoys.com are both pretty good online stores with decent prices. Just search around, because a lot depends on what you are looking to buy.

Not throwing a jab at either of the ones you mention - I've bought stuff from both. Just wanted to throw northeastscubasupply.com in there from your neck of the woods. I have never bought one gently used thing or new thing that was not fair priced and excellent condition.

Note I'm not on the payroll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom