Need Help:Strangest Question Ever From A Student

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So he asked my wife to look away because he needed to "adjust his boys":11:. I guess all went well for that dive. At the start of the second dive, he has the same problem "with the boys". So he asks my wife if she has ever had this problem. So after a short course in anatomy, she told him that she did not "have a set of boys and never had a problem with the girls"..

The student appears hung up on his "boys". He appears to enjoy talking about his testicles, and should be referred to a counselor.

Someone should be paid a lot of money to listen to this tool's drivel.

Especially inappropriate for him to share his fixation and put his problem at your wife's feet.:rofl3:

:coffee:

I just have to join in here. My dive buddy and I travelled to Les Escoumins , Quebec. This is on the north shore of the gulf of St Lawrence, and the water is north Atlantic cold salt water (for the most part) It is fed by the Saugeany River which is fresh. This results in streams of fresh water, in the Salt water tidal area. Buoyancy must be adjusted contastantly, as you move in and out of fresh & salt water streams. On our first trip out my buddy was a little underweighted for the salt water. He wears a neoprene dry suit.This meant dumping a lot of air from his dry suit to keep neutral, particularly at the end of the dive, near the surface.
At the end of the dive he was eager to inject air back into his suit to releive the "squeeze on his WHEELs" as he so elegantly termed it.

Mike D

When I started diving, I had a used wetsuit, a super-old 8 mm (!) Farmer John with a hooded vest that had a crotch strap. The strap was always tough on my nuts but I was a poor student who couldn't afford to buy a new wetsuit. Also, nobody told me that I didn't have to close the crotch strap. To make a long story short, my doctor recently told me that I couldn't have kids because of my diving habit. No, that's a joke.

As soon as I got a decent wetsuit I've had no more problems. I'm sure the same approach will fix the student's problems with his boys, too.

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about this stuff.... of course - the "girls" get squished and it's very uncomfortable, but I can't imagine having to deal with problems "down there" during a dive! I think it's strange that he's asking your wife though - even though she's the instructor, that would be a question for a fellow male...

I used to have this problem, but I found that first lancing each of them them with a knittting needle, and then compressing them both with an ordinary household garlic press alieviated the issue.

I used to have this problem, but I found that first lancing each of them them with a knittting needle, and then compressing them both with an ordinary household garlic press alieviated the issue.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I was going to suggest Stapling one to each leg but, I think you took top award for that solution.

I have to agree with those that said it was really strange that he's asking your wife about that. Seems inappropriate to me. Especially with him making a point to have her "look away". He should have either asked another male in his class or asked you straight away. And while "adjusting", could he not have just turned around so she couldn't see him rather than pointing it out?

I have to agree with those that said it was really strange that he's asking your wife about that. Seems inappropriate to me. Especially with him making a point to have her "look away". He should have either asked another male in his class or asked you straight away. And while "adjusting", could he not have just turned around so she couldn't see him rather than pointing it out?
It says to this old course director that your wife is a good instructor, her students are comfortable enough to seek her counsel on "intimate" questions and that's a rare thing. Please tell her to keep up the good work.

If I went to my doctors office and happen to get one of the female physicians I would not change what I came in for or ask for another doctor. If the student brought it to the female instructor in a reasonalbly adult manner I see this as a similar professional interaction.

Back
Top Bottom