Need Help:Strangest Question Ever From A Student

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my regular dive mates had this problem. It turned out that the suit was one size too small. Moving "up" to an XL from an L made all the difference in the world.

I have also heard of "squeeze" happening in a suit that is tight enough to restrict water flow. As Dumpster and a few others have said, open the neck a bity and "force" some water down there.

Ian

open the neck a bity and "force" some water down there.
Okay for the pool, but use warm water from a themos or some such when you're in the field.

I had this happen to me last time I was at ABWA on the start of every dive. I just let some water in there and all was OK.

I do this regularly in So Cal waters. I forget that some of you can sit on the thermocline before you dive!:D

Ian
Freezing cold water on the nards is a sure way to eliminate any squeeze problems.:D

I've had that problem. My problem is that even with an extra large, its just not long enough from the shoulders to the crotch. It was really pulling hard and it freakin hurt. Now I only use a custom suit (large-long Pinnacle 7/5). I have a few suits actually. One of them was made to size in Thailand. My first suit when I was 16 was custom made. Before that it was hand me downs.

Once again another vote for the custom wetsuit. Mine custom fits everywhere, perfect.

I have had that happen a few times with my Bare Arctic wetsuit. It is already a size larger than the Bare size chart suggests it should be. Once I figured out how to position things the problem went away.

the thread is very entertaining but i have to admit that i often have the same problem and i tried different suits which did not help. i will do the water trick next time. thanks a lot for the idea.

i was reading the thread to my wife and she has an interesting hypothesis - if person is skinny he needs a small suit BUT the "boys" are of regular size so they are squeezed in a suit that is well fitted for the rest of the body. so, my question is - was the diver in the OP skinny?

Back
Top Bottom