Need Help:Strangest Question Ever From A Student

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had he just come up to the female instructor and said, "Look, I've got a somewhat personal problem, this is what it is, do you have any advice?" that would be one thing. The thing that just kind of gives me the creeps is this:

So he asked my wife to look away because he needed to "adjust his boys"

Why could he not have turned around himself instead of bringing attention to himself by asking her to turn away and then later asked her for advice. The way the OP is phrased makes it sound like the student is just a little too focused on the female instructor being aware of "his boys". Now, it could be that he just needs attention of any kind, but I would be uncomfortable with this situation (note, that does not mean I would be uncomfortable being asked for advice on a personal situation, just the way that this particular situation was handled by the student.)

Thalassamania,

I'll pass the complment along to my wife. So always takes a great amount of time with each student, and does really care about them. Many students keep in touch with her long after the class.

To all the other who offered advise, thanks. I knew this board would not let me down.

So here is what I'm going with...........
1) get a custom suit
2) when renting a suit make sure it fits well before leaving the store
3) put a little water down there
4) wear a jock strap
5) do not wear a cup
6) good luck

I have a problem sometimes with mah' "boys" too....I did a dive withonly my bottom farmer john piece, I forgot weight and was trying to stay as un-bouyant as possible....and idid not hve the problem. I did anoter dive with just the top piece, and did. I believe the top piece is shorter "crotch to neck" than the bottom, so over time it forces "mah' boys" to one side, squeezing them between the neoprene and my leg rather hard....like an incline plane, you know? The sensitive part of my anatomy eventually is force between the leg part and my leg, rather than staying in the "crotch part" becuase it's too short (wetsuit, that is).

I need to get a bigger wetsuit, or get shorter. :)

As for asking her to look away, what if he did turn but she moved? He was just alerting her as to what he would be doing, my guess is he did not turn to face her on purpose. No matter where I am, I alert people to anything I'll be doing that might not want to be seen by people, ie, "adjusting" things. that way they don't accidentally see something they didn't want to.

Tell him to wear a Speedo or nothing underneath his suit versus board shorts that come to his ankles. Not having to stuff all that textile makes a lot of difference. On the other hand - make sure that he is not just bragging about all that lack of room in his suit.

:11:

Okay, that just made me cringe . . .

Me too, he didn't say anything about sterilizing the razor blade first....:shakehead:

It sounds like he's just a barely post-pubescent boy who recently heard the "my boys" term. He probably thought it was funny and he now wants to use it whenever possible.

My guess is that his social skills are questionable.

Sounds harmless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom