Need Help:Strangest Question Ever From A Student

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems as if a cup would only make the problem worse if the suit rides up in that area. Acustom suit would seem to be the fix, maybe a drysuit, where the diver could eliminate the squeezee as it happens. The cold water trick could be an answer, usually tucks the boys right in place. Good luck with this problem, and let us know how things work out.

It happens even with custom suits, and the guy that makes my suits even wants to know if I "dress left" or "dress right."

Custom suit, a bit longer inthe torso, or alternately a bit of razor blade and glue work.

Loose suits bunch up, but a reasonably well fitting speedo tank suit or bananna hammock generally keeps thing where he wants them and won't contribute to squeeze.

Commando is probably best comfort wise though.

FT

So after the dive he comes up to me and asks me how I prevented "the boys" from being "crushed":11: in a wet suit. Well, I've never had that problem in 20+ years of diving and have never had anybody ask me this question, nor have I ever heard it discussed.

I have a similar problem - I think it's probably due to body shape. I have quite a long torso and short legs for my size. This means that off-the-peg suits tend to be too short in the body and so pulled up rather tight in the crotch.

The solution is rather expensive - custom made drysuits :blinking:

It happens even with custom suits, and the guy that makes my suits even wants to know if I "dress left" or "dress right."

That's just for P-valve placement though (or at least the placement of the panel where the P-valve will go).

That's just for P-valve placement though (or at least the placement of the panel where the P-valve will go).
No it's not, he cuts one side differently than the other, just like a well tailored business suit.

It seems like it's almost certainly a fit issue. After all, he can wear a speedo, so it's not like his "boys" have elephantiasis or anything. It seems to me like he just needs a bigger suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom