Need Help Selecting 8 Dive Sites Near Ambergris Caye (Map Attached)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was another occasion there when I was underwater in the dark (9pm) for 2 hours. Saw one hammerhead, tho' I wonder what other big sharks saw me. I was trying to film the coral spawning, but in that respect the dive was a disaster.

On the night dives inside Hol Chan I like to spend some time out in the sandy area - usually lots of sleeping rays and tube worms. There it's virtually 30'.

I would say 2 dives a day is the norm, 3 quite a lot less common, and 4 rare. If you want to do a night dive then plan on diving in the morning but not the afternoon, as you'll leave for the night dive at about the time you'd return from day dive 4.

peterbj7:
There was another occasion there when I was underwater in the dark (9pm) for 2 hours.
I've only had one dive run past 2 hours, and that was pretty shallow. (averaged less than 25 feet) Do you happen to rent tanks larger than 80 cubic feet? ...or pony tanks for deco gas?

Peter's shop used to and I think still does cater to tech divers. When I was there they did rent steel tanks and ponies.

Actually I cheated - I used a closed circuit rebreather. With that I can do a dive for 3 hours or more (actually much more - up to 5 or 6 hours) regardless of depth. I've often done 2+ hour dives mostly down around 150'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom