Need Help Picking Out BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mama Mynet... did you find a BC yet? Since I am short but a little stouter than you I thought I'd let you know what I have done. I had previously bought (since returned because of a BAD LDS experience, that's another story) an Oceanic Isla... which I loved the fit and the look. When looking to replace that one I was looking at the Sea Quest Diva, which was pretty close but the more I have looked at that and the Isla they seem pretty bulky for the amount of travelling that it will do... So I then tried the Zeagle Zena... and absolutely loved the way it felt and looked EXCEPT for the fact that it hit my hips.... It was either too long or my torso is too SHORT... It was a very flattering BC but I did not like the weigth system, nor did it have any pockets. Then I tried the Sea Quest Libra... I absolutely love it! I purchased it yesterday and I don't think I will regret it at all. The best part is the LDS knew what we had been through with the last bad LDS and came really close if not better than the internet pricing...

ScubaDoobaDo:
Mama Mynet... did you find a BC yet? Since I am short but a little stouter than you I thought I'd let you know what I have done. I had previously bought (since returned because of a BAD LDS experience, that's another story) an Oceanic Isla... which I loved the fit and the look. When looking to replace that one I was looking at the Sea Quest Diva, which was pretty close but the more I have looked at that and the Isla they seem pretty bulky for the amount of travelling that it will do... So I then tried the Zeagle Zena... and absolutely loved the way it felt and looked EXCEPT for the fact that it hit my hips.... It was either too long or my torso is too SHORT... It was a very flattering BC but I did not like the weigth system, nor did it have any pockets. Then I tried the Sea Quest Libra... I absolutely love it! I purchased it yesterday and I don't think I will regret it at all. The best part is the LDS knew what we had been through with the last bad LDS and came really close if not better than the internet pricing...
Girl, you have GOT to call Larry at www.scubatoys.com He hooked me up! I picked up the Zeagle Brigade and it's getting delivered this week. :) He'll customize it to your body frame and guarantees fit. The thing I like about the brigade is not just the sturdy harness, but the fact that you can switch out the bladder and can do the two tank thing for tech dives. The brigade is easy to travel with because of the smaller bladder than the ranger. My vote is to try it out. And his prices are excellent. (call him for ordering and fitting) I tried on a bunch of stuff and did a ton of research. Zeagle offers lifetime warrenty on their products (well, except if you cut the bladder up or something like that) but for normal wears and tears, they'll fix it for free. If you really like your new BC then stick with it. But, if you are looking for something else, give him a buzz.

Ah think I may have seen this posting a little late Mama Mynet, but it sounds like you have found your match.

I was going to sing the praises of the Seaquest Diva, which I have been using for the last couple of years. Being around the same height as you, and pretty small too, this is the only one that fitted me. All the others were just too long or wide in the body. I love the padding that gives it the comfort, and the semi wing design, which is great underwater. It can be a little bulky and heavy in my bag, but what it brings in comfort and control during a dive, far outweighs any extra kilos in the kit bag.

Having said that, it sounds like you are sorted… If you are going to get a custom fitted one, then that is going to be great for you.

I would be interested in hearing how it goes in the water with your new Zeagle Birgade, and a little more about the Libra too Scubadoobado, as I'm always interested in hearing about the various bits of kit available and designed for women.

divebunnie:
Ah think I may have seen this posting a little late Mama Mynet, but it sounds like you have found your match. I was going to sing the praises of the Seaquest Diva, ...I would be interested in hearing how it goes in the water with your new Zeagle Birgade, and a little more about the Libra too Scubadoobado, as I'm always interested in hearing about the various bits of kit available and designed for women.

Hey there Divebunny. :) I tried on the Diva you mentioned. It does have a good fit! Since my end goals is to do tech dives I wanted something I could convert to put 2tanks on and that would grow with my skills instead of having to buy a separate BC. I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I'm taking my AOW now and am practicing my skills in the pool so we'll see how it works out. :) It should be in this week (hurrayyyyy) so if I get it before pool time this week I'll get to try it out. If not, then by next week for sure. :)

BTW, UK is one of my wanna-be stops for the future! (wanna-be meaning I wanna-be there travelling and diving with the boys) how's the diving there? I guess this would mean another thread... Also, are there areas that are great for lil ones to go to? Hmmm i see yet another thread going on...

divebunnie:
Ah think I may have seen this posting a little late Mama Mynet, but it sounds like you have found your match. I was going to sing the praises of the Seaquest Diva, ...I would be interested in hearing how it goes in the water with your new Zeagle Birgade, and a little more about the Libra too Scubadoobado, as I'm always interested in hearing about the various bits of kit available and designed for women.

Hey there Divebunny. :) I tried on the Diva you mentioned. It does have a good fit! Since my end goals is to do tech dives I wanted something I could convert to put 2tanks on and that would grow with my skills instead of having to buy a separate BC. I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I'm taking my AOW now and am practicing my skills in the pool so we'll see how it works out. :) It should be in this week (hurrayyyyy) so if I get it before pool time this week I'll get to try it out. If not, then by next week for sure. :)

BTW, UK is one of my wanna-be stops for the future! (wanna-be meaning I wanna-be there travelling and diving with the boys) how's the diving there? I guess this would mean another thread... Also, are there areas that are great for lil ones to go to? Hmmm i see yet another thread going on...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom