Need help choosing a new computer, read this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using my new N2ition 3 (N3) in Bonaire this week, alongside my Duo. Same settings, same NDLs. I used the Trio manual, since it did not come with one and I have been unable to locate one on the web. It is NOT exactly the same as the Trio! For example, one of the things I did not like about the Trio was the auto set of Nitrox to 79% N2, 50% O2 after every dive. But the N3 is like the Duo: it keeps the gases until midnight, so you only have to reset it each morning if the Nitrox stays the same throughout the day. Nice. Also, some of the button pushes are slightly different....still working on that one. Need.the.damn.manual.

Too good of deal to pass up. I just bought one. Should be here in time for the dive I have planned for Sunday.

what service is there for a dive computer? Replace battery, if that doesn't fix it, it is now a paperweight.... That's about all you'll get from anyone but Shearwater unless it is under warranty then they'll replace it. Glad to see the software isn't identical to the Trio, but it's still in that same Seiko OEM'd lot so slight software variations will be there, but the guts should be the same

what service is there for a dive computer? Replace battery, if that doesn't fix it, it is now a paperweight.... That's about all you'll get from anyone but Shearwater unless it is under warranty then they'll replace it. Glad to see the software isn't identical to the Trio, but it's still in that same Seiko OEM'd lot so slight software variations will be there, but the guts should be the same

Not entirely true. Being the idiot that I am, I dropped a steel tank on my buddies Pro Plus 2.1 that was out of warranty. The screen shattered into hundreds of peices. For $170.00 I was able to replace his screen thorugh Oceanic Dealer. Much cheaper that buying him a new $500 computer.

Very disappointed that the N2ition just came in a bag. No manual. What's up with that?

Anyone find a manual for the N2ition 3?

Can someone tell if how the gauge mode work in this N2ition computer? does it show dive time in "second"? Does it have a stop watch? The computer I am still hanging on to is Uwatec 2G, it gets all the right functions but with the lousiest screen. If N2ition has 2G's features, I am in for one as well.

Sorry to say, it sounds like people are getting what they paid for. If you get a great deal on a dive computer but can't figure out how it works is it still a great deal?

you should see some of the people trying to figure out how to use the DG03 with a manual in front of them....

that said has anyone emailed Zeagle or DGX to ask if they can get one? I've emailed them and asked for it, but if anyone has contact with Zeagle if you could grab it from them that'd be good as well.

It's the exact same computer as the DR Trio, and yes, Tobin's bungee mount fits. I have one and I love it. I just used the bungee mount from my original N2ition, I need to order a replacement for it soon...
I also couldn't find a manual for the N2ition 3 on-line, but here's a link to the similar Dive Rite NiTek Trio:

http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_162.pdf

As Tursiops warns in post #31, it may not be EXACTLY the same computer, but it's very close. And the manual seems to cover at least some of the features missing from the (incorrect) N2ition 2 manual, like Compass settings, etc.

I guess from their website Zeagle got out of the PDC business a while ago, and DGX bought a bargain-basement load of these discontinued PDCs, so there may not be any kind of warranty coverage if you get a lemon. Not everyone considers $170 "disposable", but it does certainly look like a great deal. And as a first PDC for my daughter, a conservative algorithm isn't a bad thing.

Too bad about the data cable tho...

-Don

Disposable, indeed...

Got my $170 PDC from DGX, read the manual, changed some of the settings (nitrox, air, etc), and but it went into permanent Deco as my daughter strapped it to her wrist on the boat before it was ever in the water. Been reading Deco and unresponsive to all buttons for 4 days now; I'll be contacting DGX customer service as soon as we get back from Coz in a few days.

Too bad - it seemed like a unbeatable deal for a backup watch. Any chance it's just time for a new battery?

-Don

Back
Top Bottom