Need DS Undergarment for cold water wimp in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Description as above. I'm a cold water wimp diving in SoCal, temps range from high 40's to high 60's. Currently using one of the DUI undergarments that went for $12 at the close of Sport Chalet. It's not bad, but I start to get cold after about 10 minutes in the mid 50's.

I'm dreaming of the White's Thermal Fusion (Dive a Fusion Tech), but really just want something warm, and not $500.

I would buy new, used, whatever. I'd like it to be P-valve ready, but I'm not scared of using a soldering iron to make a hole. Also ideally, I'd like a chest pocket for a car key.

Budget is up to ~$350.

what weight is your current dui? 200g?

weezle extreme should fit your budget.

layering the 4th element arctic on top may be an option.

dris might be able to cut you a deal on the ursuit finnfill heavy too.

Description as above. I'm a cold water wimp diving in SoCal, temps range from high 40's to high 60's. Currently using one of the DUI undergarments that went for $12 at the close of Sport Chalet. It's not bad, but I start to get cold after about 10 minutes in the mid 50's.

I'm dreaming of the White's Thermal Fusion (Dive a Fusion Tech), but really just want something warm, and not $500.

I would buy new, used, whatever. I'd like it to be P-valve ready, but I'm not scared of using a soldering iron to make a hole. Also ideally, I'd like a chest pocket for a car key.

Budget is up to ~$350.
I have had the Thermal Fusion for 4 years now and absolutely love it. It's pricey, but will last forever (probably not forever, but mine has shown little wear and I have hundreds of dives in it). I wear a Polypropylene base layer underneath it for moisture wicking. Thermal Fusion has a zipper for the penis. Also has pockets to stash your key or whatever. 4th Element Arctic would be another good choice if you can find a deal.

what weight is your current dui? 200g
Good question. It had no markings on it other than what sport chalet put in permanent marker. It doesn't like layering since the material is completely pilled, and grabs whatever you're putting over or under it.

I'm looking at the weezle on eBay...does it have an internal chest pocket? Can't seem to find info on that.

@Dive Right In Scuba , would be happy for some insight.

what weight is your current dui? 200g?

weezle extreme should fit your budget.

layering the 4th element arctic on top may be an option.

dris might be able to cut you a deal on the ursuit finnfill heavy too.

Can one even score anything 4th Element related for $350 though? They make some of the most hardcore and warmest undergarments around but they are definitely on the more $$$ side.

but they are definitely on the more $$$ side.
Everyone seems to be following suit. Most new "heavy" undergarments seem to be $400 and above.

Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro has several bunny suits in stock.
Hey Phil. Do they have a "Bear Wear" undergarment?

Where are you on the cold water wimp scale? I remember you wear separates yes? Non branded...

Back
Top Bottom