Something other than stock Drysuit Undergarment Booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been using a pair of DUI 400 thinsulate booties that came with my undergarment that are a hair too small and I'd like to do something different.

They did just fine as I did my two DS class check dives in 35-degree water, not once noticed my feet even remotely getting cold. However, simply knowing that they are too small occupies too much mental real estate while I'm diving and for that reason I want to change them out for something different. And I want whatever I do to be adaptable to a wide range of diving temps...33 to 70 degrees.

Since the rest of my undergarment is all about layering, including layering these DUI booties with a pair of Worn socks and Polartec pro stretch socks, that's the general direction I'd like to go.

If at all possible, I'd like to look outside the labeled-for-dry-suit box for replacement options. For example I've heard suggested using a 6mm felt boot liner when diving the extra cold water as the base layer. I could see that having merit as I already have a felt insole in the bottom of my turbo boot. I've also been told to layering up several of the pro-stretch socks.

Beyond that, what are some of your thoughts?

BTW I'm wearing a DUI TLS350 with Turbo-boots.

I wear one to two pairs of UA wool/polyblend socks. I hear good things about the brand Smartwool as well.
I dive in 2C water and my feet are never an issue with wool socks.
I have the same suit/boots as you, as seen in my avatar. :)

I wear smart wool mountaineering socks and a second set of thinner wool socks. I did not like the bulk and poor fit of dive specific socks.

I wear REI brand wool hiking socks and my feet are never cold.

Darn Tough Mountaineering Micro Crew Extra Cushion #1953

My feet have not been cold yet.

Back
Top Bottom