Need decent batteries for DC1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I have a nice Canon PnS 20x I use for wildlife pix while walking. Easy to carry, does a decent job. Even the stock battery is pathetic. If it's less than fresh if I try to take a video it gives me [low battery warning], but will still take photos. Runs out of battery fast. Replacement batteries, even when brand new, are way worse which I proved to myself. I carry spares most of the time.

Even the stock battery is pathetic. If it's less than fresh if I try to take a video it gives me [low battery warning], but will still take photos. Runs out of battery fast. Replacement batteries, even when brand new, are way worse which I proved to myself. I carry spares most of the time.
I carry a couple of low-discharge AAs in a simple case in my cargo pants (originally called grenade pockets, but the name was changed for marketing), but I forgot to recharge and forgot the spares before driving around the huge Big Bend NP the first trip. I pulled into the next gift shop (there are 3 in the whole park) in a hundred year old cavalry barracks and bought a set. Those can be found anywhere, and altho the companies do not make claims to power (better to keep us wondering with cute ads), those work well.

I hate AAAs. Really try to avoid anything that uses the tiny, weak things.

Snowman-
The picture you saw showed what looks like 680mA on the battery label. But if you take the whole picture into consideration, it says 3.7V 2.4Wh (Watt-hours) 680(?) mA. And that math just doesn't work out. It would be about 648mA at 3.7V to get 2.4Wh.
I would note that there's always been a big market in counterfeit "Ultrafire" 18650 batteries online. When I checked ~4 years ago, every, literally EVERY vendor on Amazon and ebay was selling counterfeit product, and that could usually be spotted immediately because their numbers for voltage and amperage, as printed on the product, never quite matched the ones from the real manufacturer.
Lenmar? Gee....Pentax is like Zeus or Apollo. A god that roamed the earth for many years. I wouldn't be surprised if "Lenmar" was another "Who really knows where this came from?" because frankly, I've heard of more bogus batteries over the past 20 years than sources for genuine brand name ones.
The one Steve has with "3.7v 2.9Wh 780mA" makes more sense. Actually those numbers would add up to 783mA. Gen-you-whine batteries for anything these days seem to command exotic prices, quite possibly because vendors know that they really can command a premium if they have good reputations.

Pentax is in fact very much still around, they make some of the highest end medium format cameras around today.

Bill

I suspect that it was for an old (very old) Pentax P&S that no longer is supported.

In any case, you can find lots of this size battery around
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom