Need decent batteries for DC1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
There was a lengthy discussion on this thread: Longer Life Batteries - but with lots of conflicting information. I got the idea that the Lenmar DLO40B 3.7V, 780mAh will work and actually last thru 2 typical dives. I can't find this battery, tho - as illustrated below?

Any DC1200 or DC1400 owners found this battery, same make & model, with 780mAh? Does it fit ok, and really hold up on divers?
SL16134 - Battery for DC1400-DC1200-DC600 by LenMar - Packaged.jpg

The photo says 740 mAh, the description claims 750, I've never heard of Pentax, and it looks too much like the no-name batteries sold on ebay for much less.

For $29 you'd think they'd get it right. I'd rather get cheap ebay batteries and change them between dives.

I'm geek enough that I carry a Canon on my belt and a spare on my car console, but I won't buy a land camera unless it uses two 2,000 mAh AA batteries.

The photo says 740 mAh, the description claims 750, I've never heard of Pentax, and it looks too much like the no-name batteries sold on ebay for much less.

For $29 you'd think they'd get it right. I'd rather get cheap ebay batteries and change them between dives.

I'm geek enough that I carry a Canon on my belt and a spare on my car console, but I won't buy a land camera unless it uses two 2,000 mAh AA batteries.
Pentax makes cameras. Many of them are quite nice including some medium format ones. This battery is for a Pentax camera.
Bill'

Pentax makes cameras. Many of them are quite nice including some medium format ones. This battery is for a Pentax camera.
Bill'
I've got an old 35mm film camera made by pentax (1970's) in my attic somewhere. Film.. that's a blast from the past. According to wikipedia, pentax was founded in 1919.

I somehow have a 780 battery for a sealife DC1200 camera. It does last longer than the 700s of which I have several of. Last week I did two dives of 57 and 51 minutes. Shot 70 or more pictures all with flash. Camera was still functioning when done. I will note that it is SLIGHTLY larger than the old batteries. It fits in the charger and camera but it is a little tighter and needs help popping out of the charger.

Most of the diving I do where I take a bunch of pictures are out of a boat. I am in wet dive gear. There is all sort of moisture around. No way I want to risk opening up the camera to change camera batteries. I do note that since I switched to lithium AAs I no longer have the flash ever run out of flashes.

I see adds for a 1000 which I would gladly buy if I believed the ad.

I somehow have a 780 battery for a sealife DC1200 camera.
From SeaLife corp perhaps, at quadruple price?

I see adds for a 1000 which I would gladly buy if I believed the ad.
Yeah, right. They don't care if you're happy or not. Try to get your money back after they close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom