Need decent batteries for DC1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From SeaLife corp perhaps, at quadruple price?

I finally have a battery that will last me for 2 dives. Given where I dive I never dive more than two dives a day. It would be worth 10 times the price. I tend to snap a number of pictures for fish ID and a 700 tends to die on me late in Dive 2. Given all the other expenses a reliable high capacity battery is worth it.

I finally have a battery that will last me for 2 dives. Given where I dive I never dive more than two dives a day. It would be worth 10 times the price. I tend to snap a number of pictures for fish ID and a 700 tends to die on me late in Dive 2. Given all the other expenses a reliable high capacity battery is worth it.
Well, I can't find the battery online. At the Sealife site, I see the charging kit & battery for $50, but it doesn't say which battery. Looking around the site further, I see some references to the old SL16134, plus a link to "all batteries and chargers" but then I get "There are currently no items in the category you selected, but it is likely there will be in the future. Please check again the next time you visit." Or if SL16134 is the new battery, I don't see a way to order it.

I found an Australian site offering a Sealife battery for DC1200 for around $40 AUD, claiming it's good for 200 shots (maybe that's if you turn the flash off and shoot shallow?), as well as a 4GB card for $40 AUD. I am not going to ask if they ship to Texas.

Still wondering where I can find Lenmar DL040B 780 mAh batteries?

I wonder if this one would work? I really don't see any reason that it should tho.

Well, I can't find the battery online. At the Sealife site, I see the charging kit & battery for $50, but it doesn't say which battery. Looking around the site further, I see some references to the old SL16134, plus a link to "all batteries and chargers" but then I get "There are currently no items in the category you selected, but it is likely there will be in the future. Please check again the next time you visit." Or if SL16134 is the new battery, I don't see a way to order it.

I found an Australian site offering a Sealife battery for DC1200 for around $40 AUD, claiming it's good for 200 shots (maybe that's if you turn the flash off and shoot shallow?), as well as a 4GB card for $40 AUD. I am not going to ask if they ship to Texas.

Still wondering where I can find Lenmar DL040B 780 mAh batteries?

I wonder if this one would work? I really don't see any reason that it should tho.

There is a chip in the battery. It is not just amperage and shape. Battery and camera need to be able to talk to each other. But I am pretty sure that sealife does not design its own batteries. So they are off the shelf from somebody.

I have used this battery for several months in my DC1200. Very happy with it. In several sets of two dives have yet to have battery die on me. LENMAR 3.7V 2.9Wh 780 mAh
DLO40B Lithium ion. Says for Olympus/FujiFilm/Nikon Digital Cameras.

Does not say sealife on battery but some place along the way it was suggested and sold as a sealife battery

battery.png

I have used this battery for several months in my DC1200. Very happy with it. In several sets of two dives have yet to have battery die on me. LENMAR 3.7V 2.9Wh 780 mAh
DLO40B Lithium ion.
That's the one I want, yes.

It is tricky. You find DLO40B batteries listed with different mAh. I have even seen cases on Amazon where the picture lists one mAh and the product description lists a different mAh.

The SL16134 is available from BlueWater and others but apparently is only 700 may and good for 200 shots. There are several good replacements from B&H for the Nikon EN-EL10, one is 740 mAh. There is a 1200 mAh one on Amazon, and a bunch of 1400 mAh ones. I think looking for the Nikon version is simpler than finding the SeaLife version
Bill

There are several good replacements from B&H for the Nikon EN-EL10, one is 740 mAh. There is a 1200 mAh one on Amazon, and a bunch of 1400 mAh ones.
Sorry, but what is B&H? What is EN-EL 10?

I know that there are many no-name batteries that would fit, but those are risky. I'd like to find a known brand that fits and works over 700 mAh, or at least a brand. Would these work? https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Batte...=1529096718&sr=1-6&keywords=Nikon+S60+Battery I've never heard of the brand, but at least it's a name.

Is this battery actually an Olympia brand? https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...=1529096767&sr=1-7&keywords=Nikon+S60+Battery

Steve_C, do you think these would fit & work?

B&H is probably the best known store selling cameras in the U.S. They are in NY and you should check them out at
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders
EN-EL-10 is Nikon's version of the SAME battery that is used in the Sealife cameras (you don't think that Sealife makes cameras or batteries themselves do you?) According to LENMAR the DLO40B is the same as the Nikon EN-EL 10. This one

https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Repla...&qid=1529101658&sr=1-8&keywords=Nikon+EN-EL10

is listed at 1400 mAh. It costs $9 for two and you can send them back if they don't fit. Alternatively you can buy the Nikon version (probably Sony made) for $18 and it is only 740 mAh. Do the experiment.

Cheers

Bill

Sorry, but what is B&H? What is EN-EL 10?

I know that there are many no-name batteries that would fit, but those are risky. I'd like to find a known brand that fits and works over 700 mAh, or at least a brand. Would these work? https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Batte...=1529096718&sr=1-6&keywords=Nikon+S60+Battery I've never heard of the brand, but at least it's a name.

Is this battery actually an Olympia brand? https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...=1529096767&sr=1-7&keywords=Nikon+S60+Battery

Steve_C, do you think these would fit & work?
I don't think any of the cheap Chinese battery brand names are anything other than quick marketing names to sell on eBay or Amazon. Apparently though there are tons of cameras that use this same battery size.
Cheers
BVA

Back
Top Bottom