Need Back up Computer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Dacor Omni Pro Air intergraded computer----just died!

This was my first dive computer. I really liked it. It was my back up for my wrist air intergraded Aladin Air Z Nitrox computer.

Question---What is my best option for a back-up air intergraded computer?

I want a conservative not push the envelope computer for my back up.

I read that Dacor will upgrade to a Darwin for around $200.00. I had a console with my compass and the Dacor gave temperature---unlike the Aladin Air Z Nitrox which only gives up that information after the data is loaded on a PC.

Tell me what you think!

Thanks

Question? Do I want the Dacor Darwin Computer as a replacement for my Dead Omni Pro ? Or do I want a different Computer? I understand you can trade in your computer in with other vendors too, and get credit for your old computer.

Going to Cozumel in April! I want a back-up computer so I do not have to wait 24 hours to dive if my computer fails.

Thanks!

always the 'ol Suunto Vyper. I dont know if they are still doing it or not but aqualung was doing a $100 trade in when you buy a new computer...

I use a older suunto computer with water activation bungeed in my pocket, when I drop in I check to assure it has activated then drop it back in my pocket and forget it unless my primary goes out and I need it for the remainder of the dive or the next dive. It uses the same basic algorithm as my primary computer. It is only a backup I don’t consult it during the dive except to assure it is working.

I also change its batteries 1 year after my primary as I don’t want them both on the same battery schedule, this reduces the chance they both go out on the same trip which has never happened as I change the batteries more frequently than needed.

mgingras:
Just ask to dacor a console with the compass .
I use the darwin 4 week ago in Cuba and it'work find .

I just called Dacor about my dead Omni Pro air intergraded dive computer with a compass.

Customer Service told me that I had to deal with the local dive shop and the dive shop would set the price for the upgrade to to darwin.

Dacor said they will not deal with customers directly.

So I am forced to deal with the LDS and pay what ever price they give me for an upgrade to a Darwin console with a compass.

This is different from what I found on the Scubaboard when searched under Dacor Omni.

I called: Dacor at 203-852-7079 (phone)
Shore Pointe
One Selleck Street
Norwalk, CT 06855
USA

Thanks----a frustrated diver

azsilver:
I just called Dacor about my dead Omni Pro air intergraded dive computer with a compass.

Customer Service told me that I had to deal with the local dive shop and the dive shop would set the price for the upgrade to to darwin.

Dacor said they will not deal with customers directly.

So I am forced to deal with the LDS and pay what ever price they give me for an upgrade to a Darwin console with a compass.

This is different from what I found on the Scubaboard when searched under Dacor Omni.

I called: Dacor at 203-852-7079 (phone)
Shore Pointe
One Selleck Street
Norwalk, CT 06855
USA

Thanks----a frustrated diver
try that number 800-323-0463 or 203-855-0631
and hask for a RMA NUMBER
ASK FOR MISS HEATHER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom