Need advise on swivel connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mistake, my hose is Aqualung's braid hose which I don't know if it is as flexible as Miflex.

They are all pretty much the same.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 07:51 AM ----------

What length of hose would you say is ideal? I find the 32" hose does push.

Thanks

Theres really no ideal length, it's a little subjective. If it's pushing and you have a large bow then I'd try a 28 initially, you'd likely be ok going shorter but a 28 might be a good place to start. When I used to dive Padi configuration I used, IIRC, a 26 primary. Are you using rubber or braided hoses? Braided hoses in shorter runs I find are better than rubber in that they are more flexible.

Last edited:
Im using factory 32" rubber hose and yes it is bowing out.

They are all pretty much the same.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 07:51 AM ----------

Theres really no ideal length, it's a little subjective. If it's pushing and you have a large bow then I'd try a 28 initially, you'd likely be ok going shorter but a 28 might be a good place to start. When I used to dive Padi configuration I used, IIRC, a 26 primary. Are you using rubber or braided hoses? Braided hoses in shorter runs I find are better than rubber in that they are more flexible.

Then I'd recommend trying a shorter braided hose. If the bow is a large bow then you could try a 26 but if it's only a slight bow then maybe a 28. You should be able to make a pretty good guess by subtracting x number of inches from current hose and seeing if it will work for you. I'd use some tape to mark the hose at shorter lengths and see at what point it looks to be the better length. Good luck

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 11:49 AM ----------

In case it's not obvious, I mean measure wearing BC and reg on tank.

I wanted to try reviving this discussion. As it’s been 8 years since the previous posts curious what peoples thoughts are these days. I tend to go through a mouthpiece every 20 dives as my hose pulls on my reg I hold it by biting a little too much and chewing through the mouthpiece. I am deciding between a 1. regulator swivel adapter 2. the atomic comfort swivel hose 3. MiFlex/Aqualung Braided hose.
2 dive shops gave me 2 different recommendations. Anyone have any experience with these different options

If reg is pulling it's most often an indictator of hose being too short.

If you're biting through mouthpiece obviously you're biting too hard.

What length of hose are you using?

If reg is pulling it's most often an indictator of hose being too short.

If you're biting through mouthpiece obviously you're biting too hard.

What length of hose are you using?
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've a 7 foot - 84 inch - 2.1 M regulator hose on my desk right now (Miflex). Somebody told me I needed that.

I run a 40 or 48 inch flex hose that runs under my arm, and a 110 degree fixed swivel on the reg. Under the arm keeps the hose close in to me, the swivel makes that path natural for it, and the length and type of hose makes it super flexible. Between those factors, it doesn't pull on my mouth at all.

Of course, my advice is worth what you paid for it!

Respectfully

James

Ditto^^^^^^^^^

I've had many runs at a 5' and 7' primary but finally settled on 40" with 70 (I ever so slightly prefer it to the 90) adapter.

I only OW ST BM dive.

Back
Top Bottom