For Sale Need a tall backplate for travel ASAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crackerbacks

Registered
Reaction score
Like the title says.... I have a tall FredT plate that I love but it is to to heavy for tropical diving even with my 1mm wet suit. I leave for Jamaica in 3 weeks. If you have one or know where I can get on quickly it would be greatly appreciated!

Only after my passing...

FWIW, for a while I just dealt with a short plate for travel. Unless I was doing technical stuff, it really wasn't too critical. I'm 6'-7", so long plates are highly desirable to me...

Tropical likely means Al80's, so are you sure it is really too heavy?

You could also just grab a sheet of plexi, or similar plastic, and cut your own. My first plate was cut from a cutting board with drill, jigsaw, and dremel.... and it still gets used.

Respectfully,

james

Only after my passing...

FWIW, for a while I just dealt with a short plate for travel. Unless I was doing technical stuff, it really wasn't too critical. I'm 6'-7", so long plates are highly desirable to me...

Tropical likely means Al80's, so are you sure it is really too heavy?

I tried my set up with a AL100 and I sank like a rock. I did wonder if the Al80 and saltwater would be enough but I hate to take the risk.

Al100 is no bueno of a tank.. Al80 is a whole different thing..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom