Need a single part - Hollis won't sell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have in my hand, a "Zeagle 1st stage Service Kit #345-1000 Rev.3" that I bought from HUISH, or a HUISH dealer, in 2017.

I said AUP not Huish.... I don't recall Zeagle restricting parts kits, but it may have just been DGX not caring and selling them anyway

What is it with Hollis? I can buy service kits for all of my regs but not Hollis. Yep, I can get partial kits, but the most failure prone part is only available to "registered dealers".

You can purchase the o-rings and the seats for the second stage from a number of places.

If you have an old seat and diaphragm from the first stage you can try to match it up with a Trident aftermarket part. I know it is a PITA but once done you do not need to worry anymore.

@THE bottom of the 8 by 6 schematic, it says "NOTE: for latest revision refer to the Huish Outdoors Dealer Site". This is all I have. Curious about the explanation. I don't understand it.

@ams511 see my post above where I was talking about AUP, not Huish as a whole, though I do think that the new Zeagle regulators are restricted *f8 and what not vs. the Apeks ones*
What is AUP?

@ams511 see my post above where I was talking about AUP, not Huish as a whole, though I do think that the new Zeagle regulators are restricted *f8 and what not vs. the Apeks ones*

I wrote the post before yours showed up. Did you mean Apeks or Atomic? They haven't sold an Apeks reg since 2000.

American Underwater Products, Oceanic's former parent company.

AMS...and all others...

You can all see quite clearly the the dog is chasing its' tail...

Parent companies...divisions bought/divisions not bought...who used to sell what...and to whom...

I've decided...eventhough I formerly supported a few of the hobbled brands bought by Huish...BARE...being one...that completely staying away from the whole lot...is the best policy...for me...

There are...after all...lots of alternatives...good alternatives...with operators willing to bend over backwards to provide dedicated customer support...

W...

I'm pretty sure I bought the kit from Zeagle Express like always, but I may be slightly drifting into (quasi-temporary) mental illness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom